stihl chain saw fuel pipe

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
what a pain in the backside to replace. nothing in the handbook doesn't even mention it, so had to go one line youtube to the rescue. So just ordered the hex screwdrive and fuel line. The annoying thing is I have different size fuel lines for 2 stroke engines but Stihl have one of their own end types.

Arrow shows where i have to get to to connect new fuel line to carb. The existing one fell apart when removing from fuel tank, the rubber had perished

P1051690aaa.jpg

At least now I kow how just got to wait for orders to arrive

Last edited:
hex srewdriver came today so the stripdown now completed. Just waiting for new fuel line and heat barrier strip to come
It was absolutely filthy inside with oil and dust together
aaa.jpg

Last edited:
parts arrived fitted and now working again, had to clear out the carb buy removing spark plug- having the chain brake on and then a few tugs on the pull chord to clear it,

stopped working again so ordered new carb and spark plug. Seems to have plenty of compression by putting finger over spark plug hole

final update
stripped it all down once more and reassembled and tested It runs. Think the problem was the petrol fuel line in the tank, must have have slight kink in it. This time I double checked as it is not the original rubber type but a better plastic one. What a bast*rd to fit. One actually has to undo the wire linkage to the throttle cable and the one to the choke, and putting them back is fiddly enough. Then with them removed next is to remove the bar that sets the choke and throttle linkage. with all that out the way the carb can be unbolted after removing the air filter housing, then the carb can be slide foreward on the rails, which allows space to connect the fuel line to the carb. then put it all back again.
ust waiting for the front muffer to arrive and job completed

does it have a filter on the fuel line in the tank ? if so remove the internal part of the filter. had one last week at work running but kept cutting out and was the filter took the middle part out so it was the outer gauze and all good.

yes it does but it was clear when io blew down it. now got to see if the hedge trimmer works as i have a hedge needing a hair cut

WTF with the hedgetrimmer? I don't think I have ever removed the sparkplug from it. I had to put an extended bar on the spanner to undo it and even then took some effort to crack it free. oce out tghe gap should b e 0.5mm and it wasn't even half that so opened the gap to correct amount. The spark plug connecting coverf the inside spring had to be put b ack inside so it sat properly and the plug got wired brushed as well to clean it up. So gave it pull chord a few tugs wikthout the spark plug in, I did read doing that clears out tghe carb,. with the spark plug back in and fueled up it started on the third rope tug. Another success.

Reactions: zx9
Back