Stihl chainsaw updated

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I have had the MS170 Stihl version for many years. Recently it has been a pig to start or not start at all > fuel mixture was correct so only left ignition. Thanks to a youtube video I stripped down the machine as far as checking the coil and gap. Although I had never touched it the gap was nearly non existant how it worked before beats me. After cleaning up the coil from gunk I reset the gap to .009 " as suggested and reassembled. Couple of cord pulls and it started.

I had a t stroke bike when i was a kid and it was old then
had to adjust and clean the points pretty much about every 100 miles
points are pants

I had a t stroke bike when i was a kid and it was old then
had to adjust and clean the points pretty much about every 100 miles
points are pants

I can't recall how many 10s of thousands of miles I've done on bikes with points with no problems whatsoever.

I suspect there was something else going on with your old bike.

Poor setting up usually.

I can't recall how many 10s of thousands of miles I've done on bikes with points with no problems whatsoever.

I suspect there was something else going on with your old bike.
Yes me too back in the day most bikes had points , I seem to remember that once I had set them up properly the rarely need adjusting

sorry lads i set that one up to catch a few fish and it worked
would have put £10 on @Nod chipping in how much he hates me lol

yeah @LCPete you are right mate mine went 1000s before started popping

Just stating a fact. No hate from me - CBA to waste the effort.

sorry lads i set that one up to catch a few fish and it worked
would have put £10 on @Nod chipping in how much he hates me lol

So you say something intentionally daft, a couple of guys gently correct it, and you 'caught' them at it because one of them hates you? Is that an accurate summary?

I think it's called trolling...

So you say something intentionally daft, a couple of guys gently correct it, and you 'caught' them
I had a tenner on him saying something daft, I won, because that's what he does.

Reactions: Nod
Back