Stile to Alnwick Castle

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I had to walk through a bog with just trainers on to get this one, hope you like it:)

alnwick-castle.jpg

Last edited:
Bog, sheep ****, so what?

If you'd gone a bit closer you might have to have tippytoed across a babbling brook as well!

How's the Lion Bridge? Last time I was there some urgently required reinforcement work to one of the bridge piers had just been washed away!

Bog, sheep ****, so what?

If you'd gone a bit closer you might have to have tippytoed across a babbling brook as well!

How's the Lion Bridge? Last time I was there some urgently required reinforcement work to one of the bridge piers had just been washed away!

It is a shame the public are not allowed on the river banks at the other side of the Aln, I can see a few good shots looking up at the castle.

The bridge pier has now been underpinned and is fully open and landscaped.

It is a shame the public are not allowed on the river banks at the other side of the Aln, I can see a few good shots looking up at the castle.

Nice shot. I'd be inclined to do a quick commando style mission to get the other shots:nuts:

Lovely scene, Mal. Hope your feet have dried out by now. :D
I think the composition could have been improved with a couple of Blenheims cavorting around!:LOL:

Nice scene and a lovely castle, was fortunate enough to visit it for a conference dinner once and it really is worth the trip!

I like the way the foreground fence leads the eye to the castle

Tiny niggle is that the castle looks a little of the vertical (could be my eyes lol) only a fraction though :)

Sorry, I thought this had gone off the page so had not checked recently.

Nice shot. I'd be inclined to do a quick commando style mission to get the other shots:nuts:

I will have the right attire on next time
Lovely scene, Mal. Hope your feet have dried out by now. :D
I think the composition could have been improved with a couple of Blenheims cavorting around!:LOL:

Dogs were sat in the car and you can imagine the mess they would have got themselves in:)

Nice scene and a lovely castle, was fortunate enough to visit it for a conference dinner once and it really is worth the trip!

I like the way the foreground fence leads the eye to the castle

Tiny niggle is that the castle looks a little of the vertical (could be my eyes lol) only a fraction though

I never noticed, must have been leaning to the right when I pp'd it:LOL:

Boggy Marsh- he is on the radio in the morning with Terry Wogan(y):LOL::puke:

Nice pic btw

Pleased you like it,

lovely...

ah to be back home in Northumberland again...sighs...

I would never leave it:)

That would be my tiny niggle too, but it really is only a fraction. Great shot.

Thanks, appreciated.

worked in alnwick 6 years ago on the leisure centre a nice place, nice shot a bit less fence maybe

And it has been extended already:D I was not sure about the fence and took a bit time trying to get it right, you could be right, thanks anyway.

Would love to see this with a setting sun.

Nice Idea,I will see what I can do.

Last edited:
Nice composition, Sky is a tad dull (not that it is your fault). I agree with Dark Star, my intial reaction was that is was slighlty off. But still a really nice capture!

Do you know, I'm sure I've been on the castle side of the river. I've just looked at an OS map and you're right, there are no rights of way on the south side of the Aln, the same side as the castle.

I can only imagine that it was when we've visited the gardens, or the castle, and followed little walkway signs. So maybe it's only in the season when all is open? :thinking:

Thanks for the update.

Back