Still life: Take 2

wez130

Steak,wedges and a pint
Edit My Images
Yes
Had another go with the rose, this any better?

rose2.jpg

Lovely composition and a beautiful picture. The light in the reflection looks harsh though.

What is the rose laid on?

Much better composition - a very nice picture. Personally I would remove a little of the white space on the left to put the edge of the rose petals on a third and maybe add a touch more space above - but thats just me.

Mark

great shot with the rose and they gypsophila adds a bit sparkle, on a personal thought, id probably not have such a clutter of leaves up in the corner

yeah this one looks a little better Wez, but like mfwild mentioned, extend it into the frame just a little more and eliminate some space there on the left, pluck the dead leaves too. They don't add much interest in the shot imo. As for the 'baby's breath', I think a simple rose is best. HTH

Jewel :)

Looks good - like Jewel said, get rid of the dead leaves, and if possible the spot from the light - however I cant imagine thats possible;)

Great shot, thanks for sharing:thumb:

lol, thanks for the replies, when i processed this shot, i had 'stock photo' in mind,specifically 'business card' as thats what i feel it looks like lol. I also agree with removing som white but that would make it quite square so i wasn't sure.
I never even noticed the dead leaves until they were mentioned and i totally agree, i looked and though eurghhh lol.
As for what i'm shooting on, same as last time, B+Q are selling blank canvas frames off i bought 3 small ones and 2 big one, and i thought i'd try shooting on it whilst its still in the plastic wrapping, and it gives a nice effect/shadow/reflection.

Got some nice peach roses to practice on now the red ones have died :)

Back