Still life?

Edit My Images
Yes
Not much movement from this little guy, helps with focus :LOL: I was at the butterfly house & gardens today. An absolutley amazing place...... I'll be back. This little one reminded me of a fencer in whites and visor. En garde!

Comments welcome
TFL
David.

butterfly1.jpg

I've never been a fan of the overhead, wings spread butterfly shot. That I really like though, shows me far more about what these little fellas are about.

I've never been a fan of the overhead, wings spread butterfly shot. That I really like though, shows me far more about what these little fellas are about.

After reading your comment Daz I had another look and it seems as though the wings are tight together as opposed to spread (if that's what you mean of course), two sets each side though......

Sorry, that's me not being very clear. The ones I don't like are the shots taken from above where you can only really see the wing pattern. Which is very intersting I'm sure if you want to catalogue species or tick them off a check list.

Your shot gets down to the level of the flutterby and captures something of what it means to be one. Because you've included a face, a posture and some charater there is a relationship between viewer and subject. :)

Ahhhh..... OK thanks for that, I didn't have to get down though, little blighter was at about 6'6", I had to stand on tippie toes :LOL::LOL:
Taken with the Tamron 90 and mono pod through very steamed up glasses in the "tropical butterfly house".:rules:

Really nice shot especially through glass! I can see the fencer comparison as well :D

VERY nice :eek: You nailed the focus, it's pin sharp... really like this, thanks for sharing :)

I'm with Dazza. These shots are usually good for reasons of the animal loving/scientific interest kind.
This is just a plain great shot no matter what opinion you have on Natural history shots. (y)

very sharp, excellent composition, well exposed! (y)
did I mention I like it a lot!

Thank you for the comments guys

This was the shot out of a couple of hundred in the butterfly house. Challenging because I was looking through steamed up glasses and sweat filled eyes with my chest heaving from exertion sneaking after the little thing anyway. :LOL: Of course lady luck played her part too.... I'm proud of this one, just a pity I'd already posted for PoTY this month :LOL::LOL:

I have another one or two (literally) out of the lot that are probably worth posting but I'm on the laptop so that will have to wait until later.

Thanks
David.

Another couple......

butterfly3.jpg

and a frame earlier.........
butterfly2.jpg

and one for Venomator :LOL:
butterflygreen.jpg

TFL
David.

Those others you have added are excellent too ... is that the true colour of the last one? :eek: Ven will love it :LOL:

On a side note though, the electric blue type is killing my eyes on this black background!

Yes Jo......... True colours, and sorry about the blue, I am not nearly trendy enough to have changed my default look to anything other than.... Default, but just for you, on this one occasion.....

Thanks
David.

That first one is a stunner! really lovely.

Thanks Guys
I've just taken the opportunity to get a 30X20 Photobox print done too......:LOL:

Love the 1st shot, looks good from that angle very nicely patterned.:clap:

Wow, great shots. First one is stunning, pin sharp.

Back