Still Life!

Edit My Images
No
I've got to take five household objects to my photography night class tonight for a bit of a still life thing! our first practical lol.

So far I've got ;

Small wine glass
Small Evian bottle of water
Baked bean can :icon_eek:
Large packet of penne pasta
Aftershave bottle

..can't think what else I could take! ..selections seems a little poor to me :eyesup:

I would suggest raiding another room than just the kitchen.

TV remote
Candle (inc matches?)
Toothbrush

etc

Just been sat thinking about your question.... why not think about making the pieces different... what about opening the can of beans and have the jagged lid stuck up or a cracked glass

Just a thought... :eyesup:

HTH

Chris.

ChrisB said:
Just been sat thinking about your question.... why not think about making the pieces different... what about opening the can of beans and have the jagged lid stuck up or a cracked glass

Just a thought... :eyesup:

HTH

Chris.

..Bradford. nice one! me too lol.

Well that idea would give me something to snack on during the course! :LOL:

I'd be tempted to go for a theme, and take 5 items along it. E.g, do food and take a bowl, cuttlery, beans, some nice crusty bread and some nice mature cheddar. Could make a really nice "promotional" style image.

Matt

P.S David, might be pestering you soon about this course - im quite interested in having a go myself.

Can I pester you for the 'nice mature cheddar'! Mmmmm, cheesey.....

SammyC said:
Can I pester you for the 'nice mature cheddar'! Mmmmm, cheesey.....

Certainly can. The stronger the better, preferably taken with some nice fresh bread and some lovely cold sweet cider.

Yum

Matt

feenster said:
I'd be tempted to go for a theme, and take 5 items along it. E.g, do food and take a bowl, cuttlery, beans, some nice crusty bread and some nice mature cheddar. Could make a really nice "promotional" style image.

Matt

P.S David, might be pestering you soon about this course - im quite interested in having a go myself.

..the course tonight was a bit of a free-for-all! all those numbers and F stops, had my head spinning :confused-

What we basically did was set three items in a line (like all those depth of field examples in text books), then took a first picture in Auto mode, to get the cameras view of what the aperture/shutter settings should be, then the second picture was with a greater depth of field, so we had to put the camera into manual and change the aperture by about 3 or 4 stops, and change the shutter to to coincide, but we have to work out the settings ourselves. I think basically its just to teach us how to balance out aperture and shutter settings for different types of picture, i.e. greater/lesser depth of field.

It is only a beginners course, so all the arty themes don't come into it yet! but maybe soon lol.

Back