Still more from one sunset

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I have more but am probably overdoing it with so many shots from one outing. But then again we don't see this much of the sun in these latitudes so here are another three before the sun goes down. ;)

#1 Elgol Beach looking towards the Cuilins.
2265023647_ebb024439f_o.jpg

#2 And the sun finally sets (over Canna)
2267126103_75753b1ca5_o.jpg

#3 Looking West to Rhum, Canna and Soay from Elgol.
2267131439_b75320d613_o.jpg

C&C always welcome.

All those shots are absolutely stunning!

3 Good'uns.

There seems to be a slight halo around the rock face in 1 (and doesn't it come alive in the afternoon sun)

second, I'd be tempted to clone the two smaller dits (bouys) in the sea, but leave the larger.

Thanks for the feedback Les. The halo must be a result of the reduction as it is not evident in the larger. I will probably remove the smaller buoys as these seem to be distracting for viewers - I got used to them.

Thanks again. (y)

Brilliant shots My fave`s are your first & second ones. :clap:
(I just love the Highlands):love:

I must say the quality of your posts is improving a lot recently (y)
something changed?
or are you just getting good at this lark?

I must say the quality of your posts is improving a lot recently (y)
something changed?
or are you just getting good at this lark?
I am not sure how to answer this. Was I that bad before? :LOL:

Whilst I now find myself a lot more able to make better use of what material is in front of me than I did, say, two years ago there is no doubt that the evening that these shots were taken was spectacular and, unfortunately, all too rare in the Highlands.

Still learning though mate. Thanks for the comments. (y)

No. 2 for me. I love these kind of shots, it takes me away from reality, which is always good!!!(y)

I always look forward to seeing your pics.

I like all three and especially the first as the way the large rock is so beautifully lit on the right.

Also, these are very minor points, but my opinion is that if you cropped the lowest rock on the bottom of the pic and also the darkest part of the lit rock from the top right, you would end up with the second from bottom rock pointing to the lit rock at a diagonal that also mirrors the water diagonal as well meaning all the emphasis goes through the picture from bottom left to top right. The reason for the crop on the right is that the rock is so dark, it attracts too much attention at the edge of the picture.

Back