still no x900 from Jessops :(

Edit My Images
No
are there any Jessops employees, on this forum who could find out if Jessops are or have any intention of getting the x900? i ordered mine on the 20th of Feb, i think it was, and im still waiting.

I had similar problems when I ordered my 60D through them a while ago. Unfortunately for me I ordered it via finance as it was quite handy for the old credit rating. Once the 'paperwork' had been digitally signed, I was left in the wind for about 3 months. Their online support was useless, and the phone support I eventually spoke to could only say "I honestly can't say what is coming in, or when".

It seems from various posts I've read on forums regarding Jessops, they're actually better in store than online/support wise. Personally I'm never using them again, as it's just too much of a headache.

youd think as there close to the edge financially they wouldnt wind people up with poor service, making them then rant on forums.

did you finally get your camera? it makes me wonder if they have poor relations with some manufacturers, or like to clear as much old stock as possible before selling newley released items.

Last edited:
I was reading about their problems a while ago, and one area they had major cutbacks was in the support area as that is where you'd obviously have more money going; to pay staff. Trouble is, a company with poor support is no company at all. If you can't get answers from the company you wish to give your money to, then why would you want to?

Did they give you a firm date for delivery?

they said as follows:

when ordering "March"

then 5th of March

then 13th of March

then 22nd of March

and now there customer services has phoned me to say April. go figure.

my guess is there hoping ill get pee'd off and buy the year old SD900.

due to the issues i have had with Jessops in the past i will never use them again

cypher007 said:
they said as follows:

when ordering "March"

then 5th of March

then 13th of March

then 22nd of March

and now there customer services has phoned me to say April. go figure.

my guess is there hoping ill get pee'd off and buy the year old SD900.

My guess is Panasonic haven't given Jessops a firm delivery date.....

its strange Panasonic havent given them a firm date, yet you can go and buy one in John Lewis or one of many other camera dealers online and instore.

cypher007 said:
its strange Panasonic havent given them a firm date, yet you can go and buy one in John Lewis or one of many other camera dealers online and instore.

It's entirely possible the other retailers already had stock and/or Jessops have already had their quota for this period, who knows....

cypher007 said:
i ordered it on the 20th of Feb, before it had been officially released.

So Jessops haven't had their order yet, is that what you're saying? Or do you reckon it's some big conspiracy?

Maybe with their recent money problems i wonder if suppliers are not sending them new stock unless they pay upfront or clear outstanding amounts with the supplier. It happens to other companies that have had problems. And its strange that other shops have them but Jessops don't.

Last edited:
my guess is something similar, with maybe Jessops waiting until the last minute to offer new models, so as to clear as many of last years first.

A quick look at the Jessops website suggests they don't stock it at all....

i know but when i visited there store they said it was on the system, and was on back order and a special order item. which seems to be the case for most of the decent/expensive camcorders on there site. which as akcron pointed out, might indicate a supplier dispute.

Maybe with their recent money problems i wonder if suppliers are not sending them new stock unless they pay upfront or clear outstanding amounts with the supplier. It happens to other companies that have had problems. And its strange that other shops have them but Jessops don't.

They've have all the recent expensive DSLR's in stock (The 5D3 for example) so I don't think there is anything sinister going on behind the scenes..

The X900 isn't something they normally stock (going by their website not listing it as a model), so I would say it's more likely that the first batch of stock has been allocated to the larger order placing firms first, Jessops may have to wait for surplus stock at the distributor before they can get these one off orders fulfilled..

Why stick with Jessops for something they don't have on their 'books'? Is it an insurance voucher thing or something? If not, cancel and go elsewhere..

Guessing it might be the Tesco double your voucher value thing and very handy they are too

My wife used some last week to buy a Panasonic Lumix bridge camera, essentially free seeing as we would still have bought the shopping anyway

Have to say Jessops were fine with that, gave a date when it would be in, left a message to say it was on the agreed day and brand new in a sealed box

Last edited:
Maybe Jessops are still having issues with their credit line with certain manufacturers?

i escaped from jessops in November, but what i'd do is go to your local shop, try and find one of the full time members and get them to call up the person at 'stock movement' i think thats the department whilst you're in the shop. more then likely the guy in head office will just say that if it's been backordered you'll be getting it. but at least you'll find out if they have any sort of idea when it's coming in..

for some items for some strange reason some "special orders" don't show stock movement on the tills ie it'll turn up in the shop well before the tills say it's come into the warehouse.

one thing to remember is most of the headoffice don't work on the weekends.

(i got caught out with the 60D as well, and i was a staff member... i think they were just happy i was spending my wages back in store)

i escaped from jessops in November, but what i'd do is go to your local shop, try and find one of the full time members and get them to call up the person at 'stock movement' i think thats the department whilst you're in the shop. more then likely the guy in head office will just say that if it's been backordered you'll be getting it. but at least you'll find out if they have any sort of idea when it's coming in..

for some items for some strange reason some "special orders" don't show stock movement on the tills ie it'll turn up in the shop well before the tills say it's come into the warehouse.

one thing to remember is most of the headoffice don't work on the weekends.

(i got caught out with the 60D as well, and i was a staff member... i think they were just happy i was spending my wages back in store)

hope you got some staff discount ;) .

hmm strange looking at the slashcam pics side by side the sd909 does seem sharper, if a little darker, its almost like the x900 needs its sharpness turning up a notch.

can someone else view these pics and compare. as im no expert. also why have slashcam rated the image quality higher? ive also noticed the colour bars at the back of the image have bright areas on them compared to the sd909.

http://camcorder-test.slashcam.com/campair-EN.shtml

i phoned Jessops to see if i could get them to get a SD900. no, apparentley its discontinued. ok what about a TM900? yes these are still available at £789, ok what ever. so i phone my local shop, "can you change the X900 for a TM900", "hmm it looks like it could take longer to get the TM900 as oposed to the X900", "ill have to phone the office, as we've got 7 orders for the TM900 and only 5 comming in, so it would have to be on the next delivery anyway, and could take a couple of weeks", "ill call you back". she didnt phone back. so i phoned the store and was told she had left for the day and they didnt know what the outcome was of the phone call. i begining to wonder if they can actually get any camcorders.

i cant post in the classifieds yet, but im going to sell the voucher, wheres the best place to advertise?

i cant post in the classifieds yet, but im going to sell the voucher, wheres the best place to advertise?

Do you think anyone is going to buy from Jessops after the ongoing palaver you've detailed here? :LOL: I set foot in Jessops for the first time in a decade about a month ago. Seemed a lot more "Dixons-ified" if you get what I mean and it was bad enough 10 years ago.

im more interested in someone who is about to make a purchase there anyway, and wants to get a sizable discount on there purchase. im sure if your buying a camera from them they have a far bigger range. the impression i get is that they dont really sell camcorders.

last week Jessops told my insurer that they would be getting the x900 on the 9th. hmm a bank holiday. phoned them Tuesday and today and the shop is still trying to confirm if they arrived this week. this is crazy. i dont understand how my insurer can wash there hands of this situation. im going on holiday soon.

there now saying the week comencing 23rd of April. as a way of saying sorry for the wait ive been offered a free 16gb sdhc, but ive already bought a 32gb, so i asked about a spare battery and was told i could have one for half price. not bad i guess.

Back