Stiperstones Ridge, Shropshire Hills

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope you ended your day in the Stiperstones Inn.. next time try their Whinberry pie. The pub is a favourite watering hole for people using Minsterley Ranges, just up the road at The Bog.

Nice set Chris and welcome to TP.

I‘m in Shrewsbury and I’ve got to really enjoy The Stiperstones during the current difficult times. Great views from the ridge and a nice place to exercise.

First image is my favourite for the great viewpoint and atmospheric sky. (y)

Thanks for the feedback JasonPC. Although I've been in Worcestershire for 20 years now it was my first trip to the ridge. I will be going back again. (Plus, it doesn't really feel like exercise when walking to the next vantage point!)

Thanks ManxTom, I'll definitely be back. Will try the pie!

Phil and Lara run the place. Good people, excellent beer and food..

The first one looks nice, seems to be an alien landscape. I reckon you can push the black and white conversion some more though, it would suit extra drama

It's a definite improvement but I still think the tones are a bit 'muddy'... you could try playing with curves or dodging and burning to really make it pop - it's worth it as it's got the ingredients to be a great piece of wall art if you ask me

So I've had a play with GIMP using levels and masks with a bit of sharpening thrown in for good measure. I may have gone a little bit far in some areas but it's getting there I think.
Thanks again for the feedback. It is really appreciated.
CERW0157_R9 by Chris Whittenbury, on Flickr

Back