its the purple fringing im talking about
i had a d300 which was a 12mp and it gave sharp images
i had a look at your flicker
the gull with the red beak is lovely and sharp

its the purple fringing im talking about
i had a d300 which was a 12mp and it gave sharp images
i had a look at your flicker
the gull with the red beak is lovely and sharp

Not sure exactly what you mean by purple fringing?

The gull picture is from my d700 with decent glass. The drone pics are the default fixed camera on a Phantom 3 SE.

I did PP these from the raw dng images the drone gives.

Dougie.

The images have a lot of chromatic aberration (purple fringing).

If they were captured in RAW you may be able to remove or lessen this in Lightroom.

It's not your fault, it's the crappy camera's fault.

The images have a lot of chromatic aberration (purple fringing).

If they were captured in RAW you may be able to remove or lessen this in Lightroom.

It's not your fault, it's the crappy camera's fault.

Hi,

They were captured in RAW, will have a go at removing later.

Cheers,
Dougie.

Composition wise 3 and last one are the money shots. Verticals correction for the last one would be advisable though.

Lighting wasn't cooperative which is a shame. I'd want to do these with some sunshine for sure.

IQ is not amazing to be quite honest, on par with smartphone older sensors which is pretty much what that drone has. Some even claim to have 40+MP, while in effect, they don't resolve merely 2-3MP. It may come out a little bit cleaner in good light with faster exposures at narrower aperture and all the rest.

Composition wise 3 and last one are the money shots. Verticals correction for the last one would be advisable though.

Lighting wasn't cooperative which is a shame. I'd want to do these with some sunshine for sure.

IQ is not amazing to be quite honest, on par with smartphone older sensors which is pretty much what that drone has. Some even claim to have 40+MP, while in effect, they don't resolve merely 2-3MP. It may come out a little bit cleaner in good light with faster exposures at narrower aperture and all the rest.

Thanks for your comments.

Was a nice drive up from Glasgow in the morning.

I had used TPE and if the weather had cooperated it would have been much nicer :)

Was raining intermittently and had to grab a quick 30 minute slot to get the drone up.

Main purpose of the visit was to help a friend who is doing archaeology work on the 'King's Old Building' at Stirling Castle.

They have absolutely no pictures with such detail etc. ( PIc 4)

Dougie.

Last edited:
Back