Scotland Stirling - what to do?

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Staying just outside Sterling shortly. Know about the Safari Park, and believe the Kelpies aren't far away. Any other suggestions. Either early morning landscapes/wildlife when I may get a chance to get out by myself, or attractions through the day where there may be photographic opportunities when I'll have the family in tow

Much appreciated

The castle, Bannockburn, Wallace Monument, Falkirk Wheel.
Bridge of Allen is a pretty town, but not much to do.

My daughter is at Stirling Uni and frequents the local watering holes in Bridge of Allen.

Last edited:
Visit Raploch with all yer expensive gear. That should be interesting:D:D

The Kelpies are free :) if you just wander around the site. You have to pay to go in them, but not much point photographically.

Billy's home town(y) I thought it had been regenerated and gentrified now?

You're more than a wee bit out of date!

To the OP, my suggestion is to have a wee tour around the Trossachs.

Last edited:
There are good transport links from Stirling, an hour puts everything mentioned within reach, two hours and Crieff is a very pretty town, then there's the Forth Bridge (and the photographically under-appreciated Kincardine Bridge).

Photographic opportunities are in the eye of the beholder, I was getting a lift down to Polmont to catch a train yesterday and wished I had left time to stop - even places like Grangemouth and Longannet have industrial charms through the viewfinder.

Hi, thanks for the further suggestions.

Unfortunately, although we were supposed to be there for a week until Saturday, my wife was unwell while we were there. We came back home today, without me adding a single shot tp my camera's shutter count :(

Back