Stofen Diffusers and Similar

chris321

I like the ginger one
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I'm looking into getting a diffuser for my current flash (I've only got a 430EX, but I'm looking into a 580EX and then a diffuser for that too!)

I hear Stofen ones are the norm, but I've seen replica ones of ebay and amazon, and I was just wondering how these compare? Is the Stofen worth the extra cash? Cheers for any help (y)

Chris

Hi all, I'm looking into getting a diffuser for my current flash (I've only got a 430EX, but I'm looking into a 580EX and then a diffuser for that too!)

I hear Stofen ones are the norm, but I've seen replica ones of ebay and amazon, and I was just wondering how these compare? Is the Stofen worth the extra cash? Cheers for any help (y)

Chris

I doubt it, I have both, can't see any difference :shrug:

Buy the copies, if you feel flush later on you can splash out on the Stofens and you'll only have wasted a fiver :LOL:

StoFens are good. So are the cheaper versions. I think Nikon flashes come with something extremely similar as standard. The Catchlight Panel that pulls out of the 580EX also works very well in a similar way, which is much the same as a DIY bounce card (white card attached with rubber band). As here: www.abetterbouncecard.com

Or a clear tub stuck on your flash works just as well :p

Thanks guys, I'll give the cheap ones a go and see how they fare! (y)

Thanks guys, I'll give the cheap ones a go and see how they fare! (y)

Cool :) You'll notice that StoFen at least sell yellow and green ones for colour matching the flash in tungsten and flourescent light. You can match the yellow one very closely by lining the diffuser with a sweet wrapper from a box of Cadbury's Roses :D

Back