Stolen 1d mk2 N + 70-200mm L update

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Well, the insurance company (photoguard / pavillion insurance) wrote to me today and said they wouldnt pay for any of it as my policy doesnt cover theft from a locked room other than my own flat.

The same company made me pay £100 excess on a £250 bike last week because it was stolen from the secure underground card park at our flat. Apparently you have to pay an excess if your bike is stolen from a communal area.

Anyway, I shall be fighting both decisions, but am just posting to inform everyone of the big get out clauses they might have in their expensive insurance policies.
God only knows why i wasted £200 on the insurance policy.

A lesson to all, Insurance companies don't make huge profits by paying out. They always have a clause of some sort they will try to use to weasel out of paying, it's up to you to prove that it's unreasonabe of them not to. The insurance ombudsman should be your next port of call xynamic.

oh nd next time make sure you know exactly what is and isn't covered before signing up. ask the person dealing with you "what if" questions.

And they say us accountants are crooks! Hope you get your money back.

Sorry to hear whats happened xynamic.

Insurance always have get out clauses, whats the point of insurance if they don't pay out !!!!!

Sorry to hear that!

I was getting insured with E & L, they wanted to know if my house had mortis locks on the UPVC Doors and they had to have 5 locking mechanisms!

Didn't think plastic doors could be fitted with mortis locks !!!!!

I never completed! Going to speak with my house insurance rep whether they'll insure my gear!

Carl.

Totally agree. Very poor do from these guys. I'd give my true opinion but I'd get a red card from the Forum. Suffice to say insurance companies like this are a shower of F,C,B,W etc, etc.

Hope you get sorted.

Sorry to hear, Scumbag theives :bat: shoot 'em! then we wouldn't need insurance on everything!

Hope you get it sorted :hug:

Sorry to hear that Garry. Felt it might be the case, having in worked in insurance for a brief time, but you have to try.

I pressume you have been regularly checking fleabay, loot, exchange & mart etc for any suspicious sounding sales of 'camera and lens, no accessories or boxes' type ads. Its a long shot, but worth keeping an eye on as I pressume you have serial numbers. Mind you, whether ebay or plod would be able to do anything about any suspicious ones is questionable anyway. :bang:

would it be worth posting serial no.s etc to help make as many people aware of it as possible?

Back