Stolen Camera gear

Name
spencer
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All
i was burgled last night while myself and the wife were asleep, i have had all my camera gear stolen which was my passion and life.
the following was stolen and if you see or are offered any of the below would you please contact me or Bournemouth police.

Nikon D800e
Nikon battery grip for a above
nikon 24-70mm F2.8
Nikon 45mm PC_E T&S
Nikon 24-85mm F2.8
Zeiss 21mm Prime
Zeiss 35mm Prime
Zeiss 50mm Prime
Around 30 Lee filters
2 x big stoppers
2 x B&W 10 stop filters
2 x filter holders
Nikon cable release
extra batteries
6 time compat flash cards.

thanks

spencer

Really sorry to hear about this, hope you are at least insured.

Were you insured? I hope so. At least you'll get it replaced.

I'm assuming the police have the serial numbers?

I really hope you get your gear back.

I know this is a bit closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, but it may be useful to someone......

I'd like to recommend the following website.....

http://www.immobilise.com/

It's a free website for you to list your property and serial numbers. The really useful bit about it is that the Police use it to search for stolen property.

Dead easy to use and free. The information is then available to all Police forces meaning more chance that your property can be identified.

I know it doesn't help you, but I would encourage everyone to create an account and list your property (not just cameras) on there.

Neil

thats awful to hear and i am deeply sympathetic, i know what its like from past experience, we had the car 'disappear' from the drive in the night once, along with a couple of laptops etc.

I hope you are able to get all your stuff replaced with minimum of fuss spencer - really horrible feeling knowing someone has been in your house while your family were sleeping.

At least nobody was hurt :)

Hi Spencer I just spread the word on my Facebook and twitter, I also commented on Flickr - I found you via another pal on facebook so word is spreading - fingers crossed for you.

Check out your local second hand shops, camera shops, and places like cash converter, the theives may well try to sell them on tomorrow when the shops open, you could also try any "dodgy pubs near you, but take care.

sad bad world we live in been burgled a few times over the years never actually in my home itself but my work shop and my out buildings and garage at home
had a couple of cars broken into too
Obviously in a recession crime increases
Time for a night set alarm too for you
Trust you were insured

Check out your local second hand shops, camera shops, and places like cash converter, the theives may well try to sell them on tomorrow when the shops open, you could also try any "dodgy pubs near you, but take care.

Worth checking ebay listings + set up saved searches so they email you each time a similar item is listed

Worth checking ebay listings + set up saved searches so they email you each time a similar item is listed

Good point, my stepson bought his laptop back this way..... well when I say bought he got the thief to deliver, unbelivably to the flat he stole it from.... didn't end well for the thief... :LOL:

I hate thieves with a passion, I would have thought those Zeiss would be easy to spot if they appear for sale anywhere as you don't see them up for sale that often.

Spencer,
Posted on my facebook, plus a couple of groups I belong to. I am just up the road in New Milton, I will keep an eye out on my travels for you.

Dave

Last edited:
I really hope you get your gear back.

I know this is a bit closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, but it may be useful to someone......

I'd like to recommend the following website.....

http://www.immobilise.com/

It's a free website for you to list your property and serial numbers. The really useful bit about it is that the Police use it to search for stolen property.

Dead easy to use and free. The information is then available to all Police forces meaning more chance that your property can be identified.

I know it doesn't help you, but I would encourage everyone to create an account and list your property (not just cameras) on there.

Neil
Why can he not do it now?

all serial numbers are here on his flickr pic FLICKR

Why can he not do it now?

no reason why he cant - I just made the assumption that given there were no serial numbers in the original post he didnt have them.

Obviously you dont need the serial numbers to register your property - but it really does help identify it in the future. You could always try marking them with UV pens etc - but my worry would be that it would get rubbed off over time (though if you pick somewhere that doesnt get touched often it'll last longer)

Neil

Back