Stolen equipment - Insurance companies

Update time: Received a call this morning, they have informed me that I have two options, 1st being a direct replacement being a Canon 5D3 or cash equivalent so I'm pretty pleased with that, now I'm not sure what to do, take the cash and get the new Canon 5D4, not sure how much that's gonna be yet or just be thankful and take a brand new 5D3 ???

Who was your insurance with, out of interest? I'm with Photoguard and pay around £8 per month, for public liability up to 500,000 (no camera insurance, that's on the home package) just wondering if in overpaying!

Update time: Received a call this morning, they have informed me that I have two options, 1st being a direct replacement being a Canon 5D3 or cash equivalent so I'm pretty pleased with that, now I'm not sure what to do, take the cash and get the new Canon 5D4, not sure how much that's gonna be yet or just be thankful and take a brand new 5D3 ???
Good to hear and nice that you have the choice.

looking for a good company to insure my gear
anyone recommend someone

looking for a good company to insure my gear
anyone recommend someone

I’m with photoguard; I called up to have a chat and see what they could offer, but they said I would have to do an entire new quote as already having public liability insurance with them somehow increases the price....!? God knows, when I’m free I’ll give them another call - so far they’re fine, as thankfully I have never had to use them!

It was an option on my home insurance which covers all my gear at home and away from the house [emoji106]

Reactions: LCS
Back