Stolen kit

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Just in case anything comes up for a silly price.

My car was broken into this afternoon and my kit bag (brand is GEM) was taken along with the contents including Canon EOS 5D, EF 24-70mm L, EF 75-300mm, 430ex flash plus various bits and pieces.

This was in the Millbrook area outside Bedford.

If anyone hears anything please let me know.

Thanks
Andy

gutted for you !!!!

Sorry to hear about that.

Im a bit too far away but I hope you get it back, and the thieves get there fingers cut off!

Thats got to be gutting, my sympathies to you, will keep eyes and ears open.

Sorry to hear of your loss - they need more than their fingers chopping off.

In case anything does come up do you have any serial numbers etc.

Trying to locate the serial numbers now but I fear I am not that organised and it might take a while!

Be sure to post the serial numbers soon and in any case your car insurance might cover the contents so have a word with them. My condolences though!:crying:

There seems to be a spate of robberies at the moment all top notch gear too, hope you were insured mate or get it back ..theives are scum, I would be distraught if my camera was nicked

Just a thought Andy contact the local Cash Convertors and places like that just on the off chance, you never know.

Just a thought, my home insurance covers camaras etc when out and about, mine is for the value of £2000 at present

I'm afraid I've been daft in not insuring the cameras specifically but I have spoken to the home insurers and it seems they might cover the kit - providing I can give them some proof of ownership. So now I am trawling through paperwork and emails to do that!

Thanks for your messages anyway. Felt sick when it happened then really angry. Now planning a chinese to take away the pain!

:( Sorry Andy.
Would be well worth ringing a few of your local Cash Converter type shops in Bedford and surround if you have not already.
Hope you get a result and your gear back... and failing that the insurance.

Saddened to hear that. I know what I'd like to do to them, lowlife scum.
Let's hope you have some good luck soon.
As Chaz has remarked, the EXIF is worth checking.
I think most experience is worth having if you learn from it, painful though it is at the time. Get those serial numbers and receipts organised.

Sorry to hear that, look out on ebay aswell if you have the time and clock their locality if possible, unfortunately to the police it's just a log and a low level crime :bang:
Millbrook is a quiet area mostly villages nr the Vauxhall testing track, it's all too easy to leave stuff in the footwell for a few minutes, i've done this in supermarket carparks but it only takes a second :(

THanks all. Police forensics have just been round and taken prints so it does seem they are taking it seriously. Even so I doubt there is much chance of recovery so I am hoping for the insurance.

Will investigate the EXIF for the serial numbers of the main items this evening. Managed to find proof of purchace of all except the camera which I paid cash for but I do have emails between me and the seller that might do the job.

Gutted for you. Hope you are covered but more so I hope they catch them with your kit and throw the book at them.

Every time a thread like this appears I tell myself to go note down the serial numbers and take photos of all my kit. Tonight i'm actually going to do it, also going to go off and research specific camera insurance as I wouldn't want our contents premium to go up if I need to claim on the home insurance...

Daryl - The kit back was on the back seat and I had carefully folded a coat on top of it. The windows of the car are tinted and you can't see the back seat from outside. The police hink it was someone after sat-nav because they broke in so fast and didn't damage the lock much. Obviously went and looked under the coat and got lucky.

Well I have the serial number of the camera now so if anyone spots it somewhere - 2031203834

Julie - DO IT NOW. It's one of those things I kept putting off so now you need to learn from my mistake.

Cut their Hands Off, certain cure, if they still run the Car Boot at Milton Keynes Bowl, might be worth a run over on Sunday.

Dave

It really ******* me off that some people feel it is in any way acceptable to do this to others. I think I'm angry enough for the both of us.

....off to check my insurance is up to date following last lens addition, I'm sure it isn't.

Just for the record, I think the insurance will accept either the box or the manual as proof of ownership. My mate had his house broken into about 2 years ago now and they took everything, piled it into his car and took that too.
They took a box file type thing that had all his paperwork in too so he had no receipts.

His insurers where quite good about it and just asked for either the box or user manual etc to prove that he had actually owned the gear he was claiming for.

So moral of the story, either keep receipts or at the very least the bloody boxes. Hope you get sorted mate.

Gutted for you mate - truly am.
Bloody scumbags - even if the police do catch them chances of any punishment are remote these days unless they are repeat offenders.

Lesson for us all - if you leave your gear in the car, leave it in the boot. Remember many insurers will not cover your gear if it is left anywhere else in the vehicle.

Well they haven't asked where it was other than it was in the car. It is a Galaxy so there isn't a boot as such but the camera was in the rear of the car!

Back