Stonehenge

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to go down there sometime this yr to photograph a sunrise shot I've driven past there few times but never stopped so would like some advice on where you can park by ie is there designated car parks any help and advice would be really appreciated .
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

It has all changed over the last few years and the car park is now some way away with a shuttle bus taking you to the site. Apparently you also have to now book a visit in advance.

However, turning up for a dawn shoot will likely be outside their opening hours. It is possible to book an out of hours visit, though I have no idea of the cost. Details are available at the website - http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/

However, if you are planning to shoot from outside the site their may be other advice from those who have done it.

If you don't mind being some distance from the stones, there is track you can go down out of hours. You have to be on the A303, heading from west to east, it's on the left just over the brown of the hill. You can't do it from the east as there is no right turn.

I'll get shot for this but...
There is a green lane next to SH. Security is weak.
English Heritage are not much help.
There is also a lot of light polution there.

I've asked for a late night shoot to get a full moon rising but it only happens a few times a year and you have to book months in advance and you have to pay.

Back