Stoney Harbour at dusk

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Yet again im away out late afternoon for a few shots this time around Stoney Harbour, finally feel like im starting to get somewhere...

DSC_0287fix.jpg

DSC_0296fix.jpg

DSC_0301fix.jpg

DSC_0304fix.jpg

All the above had a little PP, camera was set to cloudy white balance so i ended up with everything a little blue in error, think my adjustments have warmed them up nicely.

Feel free to comment :thinking:

Much better. You seem to have got to grips with it quickly.(y)
#1 has a blown sky but without graduating filters this kind of sky is difficult to do much with.
#2 very nice.
#3 lacks interest on the rh side but is otherwise ok
#4 I like. What F number had you set it on? It just feels a little soft in the distance not much but something to think about.

All in all very good.:clap:

Andy

Much better. You seem to have got to grips with it quickly.(y)
#1 has a blown sky but without graduating filters this kind of sky is difficult to do much with.
#2 very nice.
#3 lacks interest on the rh side but is otherwise ok
#4 I like. What F number had you set it on? It just feels a little soft in the distance not much but something to think about.

All in all very good.:clap:

Andy

Thanks for the positive feedback

Picture 4 was taking at F7.1, i used shutter priority and iso400, expsoure was 6 secs. Maybe i need to try playing with aperture priority in low light and see what happens, i agree could of done with being higher but due to being so new at this im not sure how far either maybe F18?? Have to admit first thing in my head in low light or dark is shutter priority and longer exposure not really thinking about my DOF :bang:

aye ye dina here muchal aboot em deep fried bars nae mare :LOL:

Aye yeh dee, the Carron chipper still diz em.

Nae a bad place tae be takkin photies either.

Do you chaps not speak English then, eh, what.

That DOF thing is a bit tricky innit? especially in low light. Experimentation is the best way I've found.

Jolly good show, ta ra.

Andy

You're definitely making progress. Number 4 has composition, color and perspective going for it. I like it. (y)

Back