Stopped on my way home for a bit of astro

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Was at the RAC rally in Kielder yesterday. Well known for great skies but even so I couldn't believe just how clear the sky was given this wasn't that long after sunset. Couldn't resist stopping at the side of the road to grab this looking up a forest track.

GRA_3574.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Interesting. Where would it have been and what would it look like?
I think that's part - most! -of it in the upper right corner.

upload_2017-11-13_9-56-35.png

I think that's part - most! -of it in the upper right corner.

View attachment 114526

Thank you. I'll take a look at the other 2 or three shots I took and see if I've caught it more clearly, I did move the camera around a bit as it was dark enough to make composition total guesswork. So maybe I've fortuitously captured something.

When you hit a dark place, it's just amazing how many stars you can see

Yep. This is probably as clear as I've seen it. Strange, you think you can see a lot by eye but seeing how much more the camera can capture (if it stares at them long enough! ) is amazing. I find it a fascinating genre of photography though I know bugger all about what I'm actually looking at.

Yep. This is probably as clear as I've seen it. Strange, you think you can see a lot by eye but seeing how much more the camera can capture (if it stares at them long enough! ) is amazing. I find it a fascinating genre of photography though I know bugger all about what I'm actually looking at.

I'm always amazed at some of the astro photography we see on here, I've no idea how they perform that magic, nor have the patience :D.
It's supposed to be a good time right now with Venus visible. Living in towns, you don't get to see much on a clear night and then when you get somewhere dark it's just amazing. We stayed in Sequoia in California and they were running astro classes from the decking on the lodge, telescopes the lot. You could actually see the milky way.

I like what you did with the trees. Grounds it and gives it scale. Thanks for sharing

Back