Stopped Smoking

Marcel said:
I quit smoking on bonfire night 2003. Still clean now, and I know I'll never smoke again.

I quit using Allan Carr's "Easy Way To Stop Smoking", bought from Amazon for about 6 quid.

I have lent the book out and recommended it to people since then, and I have a hit rate of roughly 10 out of 11 people. (The 11th never finished the book).
You have to keep smoking until youve finished the book, and once you get to the end, it's like some magical switch and been flicked.

I got to the end, and was smoking my last cigarette, and was gagging on it. For some reason it just tasted disgusting. I was heaving. I almost got to the end and stubbed it out. Leaving two dimps in an ashtray on my shelf. Over the next 3 weeks or so I would take a sniff of the ashtray every now and then , to serve as a reminder, and I never wanted to go back.

All I could think when I finished the book was "Why the hell did I smoke for so long? It's horrible!"

He doesn't preach on about why you shouldn't smoke, he instead, explains why you DO smoke, and once you understand why, it is soooo easy to say "Well there's no point in me smoking anymore is there?"
He blows all the excuses out of the water, such as "It relieves my boredom", or "It calms me down" or "It's habit". All rubbish, and he explains why.

hope you don't mind but i'm goin to make a liar out of you :p
i read about half of alan carrs book and quit around 7 months ago now, not had one since, don't even think about smoking anymore, i love being a non smoker as i always have loads of cash that otherwise would have gone on cigarettes :)

ps. anyone want an alan carr book ?

wez130 said:
hope you don't mind but i'm goin to make a liar out of you :p
i read about half of alan carrs book and quit around 7 months ago now, not had one since, don't even think about smoking anymore, i love being a non smoker as i always have loads of cash that otherwise would have gone on cigarettes :)

ps. anyone want an alan carr book ?

Hehe Good man :D

SammyC said:
Amazing! All of a sudden I don't! :D

Look into my eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes.......1 2 3 You're under.

Marcel said:
Over the next 3 weeks or so I would take a sniff of the ashtray every now and then

What are you sniffing now? :whistle2:

I asked for that
mspankbottom6nf.gif

I certainly notice cigarette smoke after I gave up, but only my pipe when I go back into a room - not whilst I am puffing!
Keep it up! Calculated how much my in-laws spend a year . . . Big canon lenses - no problem if they gave it to me instead of going up in smoke!

Back