STORM FRONT RE WORKED B>W

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

AND HERE WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL RAW MERELY SAVED AS A JPEG AND CONVERTED TO B>W WITHOUT ANY PP AT ALL...TA DA

time to head home

cheers
geof

Last edited:
I do like this...the two fluffy white clouds add depth I think.

I like the shot, but would be interested to see it in colour, for me the black and white makes it a bit too dark in the top right hand corner.

thanks Mark...the colour base shot is on op now

cheers
geof

Think I slightly prefer the colour version - seems to make the front stand out more.

Iain

Think I slightly prefer the colour version - seems to make the front stand out more.

Iain

thanks Ian
the customer is always right...
i like both for different reasons but mainly because i took them both in effect

cheers
geof

It's the colour one for me Geof.

I much prefer the b &w.

Colour one for me, makes me want to walk up the dune and see what the view from the top is like

b&w for me, canny conversion.

I think the contrast is a bit hard on the B&W Geof.

thanks Toby

it was deliberate...but perhaps not in the best taste as you pointed out
back to the beach!!

cheers
geof

to all who critiqued
black to white or colour
i did like them both and glad they came over well..
Toby's contrast comment has got me thinking that not all black to white has to be soot and whitewash...i did it deliberately for power association with the oncoming dark cloud..

cheers
geof

Hi Geof liking the light indeed very strong, it is not sitting right for me to much noise creeping in within the sky looks wahsed out especially colour version.

I think its an important point Geof. There is a slight fixation with contrast in B&W crits on this forum. Good B&W should be about the full range of tones, from bright, unblown whites through to rich blacks.

assuredly so...that has been my teaching all along and dead on the texbooks
in light of that i will prepare a better full range shot if possible

many thanks Toby

cheers
geof

Hi Geof liking the light indeed very strong, it is not sitting right for me to much noise creeping in within the sky looks wahsed out especially colour version.

again i concur
something has went wrong here (and it was dodging the sky) and i think back to lightroom is the better choice for me

2now and again, there's a fool such as i.."

glad you chaps are on the ball

cheers
geof

Last edited:
Back