Stormy seas off Cornwall -cropped shot added

Name
Karin
Edit My Images
Yes
For first attempts at catching crashing waves so I'm pleased with these.

Is there anything I can try next time to do even better?(as long as it involves staying on dry land:LOL:)

#1. Port Quin(350D)

IMG_6808.jpg

#2. Port Quin (G9)

IMG_2029.jpg

#3. Boscastle (G9)

IMG_1969.jpg

and again with the G9

IMG_1972.jpg

Here you are Russell,what do you think? I can't make my mind up whether it has improved it or not...

IM6808-crop.jpg

thanks for looking.

Karin

Last edited:
#1 is a knockout for me; it has real drama and power. #2 is pretty close. I really like #3 and #4 which conclude and excellent set. May I suggest that you try a crop of #1 keeping the LH side and losing a bit of the sky to put the horizon on the upper third? I'd be interested to know whether it works for you. Brilliant.

Nice set

I think the angle of no 2 is excellent - you have caught a nice dramatic scene there with a very nice lead in.

3 imo is a nicer composition than 4 - the landscape works really well.

For me the main feature no 1 is the crashing wave on the left hand side but unfortunately the LH of that wave is cut off and composition looses a bit of impact. You have however some very nice colours in that sea,

As for tips I would suggest that trying to get the main drama within the frame, along the lines of 2 & 3, and look for interesting angles.

Thank you Russell :D I tried the crop,as you can see.

Thank you erding :).I was miffed at missing that bit of wave too,it went further round the bay than I was expecting :shrug:

I can only hope for waves like this when we go back in April.

Thank you Russell :D I tried the crop,as you can see.

I can only hope for waves like this when we go back in April.

Karin, thanks for that. My powers of description have failed again, what I was trying to describe was something like this:

2884224467_cc9cc153f1_o.jpg

If you ask then I'll remove it.

Hi Russell,

No its fine:). Its interesting to see other people's interpretations.I may have something similar but the waves aren't so dramatic.I'll have a look tomorrow.

Back