Stormy skies over Essex..

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
I took this last year whilst walking on the old airfield. This spectacular storm circled us, making the most fascinating things happen in the sky. I only had my 24-120 lens, and although I took loads of shots, they were all utterly useless. This is the (not very good) best of the bunch. The girl with me took a better, though sadly low res, photo with her mobile phone, and has never let me forget it.

DSC_4926HDRB.jpg

Such a waste of a spectacular show. I just had to get it out of my system.

Still a crackin image! (y) great feel of a moody atmosphere!

Fab shot. It's rare to capture such weather. Always occurs when i don't have my camera! :D

Excellent. The 3 different elements to this really make it very fine indeed. If it had been Stonehenge it would have made a quite remarkable shot.

Andy

That's an excellent shot, love the moodyness of the sky, the strong contrasting sky colour and the simple foreground (y) was this Willingale again ?

Great capture, can't imagine what it must've been like to have been in the middle of it. Can't help but feel that the scene could do with a little colour boost to give it a bit more energy though. Have just had a little play with the image myself to see if I could bring out a bit more of the colour and also gave it a crop - processing probably won't be to everyone's tastes as it's a bit in-your-face but I quite like it :) Hope that's OK, if you don't want it in here then just say the word and it's gone!

DSC_4926HDRB_edited-1.jpg

Back