Stormy Skies (pic added)

That would make a superb large canvas print.

Interesting shape to the driftwood in the foreground, very unusual, looks almost like some sea creature. Sky looks so dramatic and moody.

hmmm that looks rather dramatic paul, good textures and layers for the sky.

andy

Super simple and dramatic image. One to be proud of.

Although a mono image reminds me of Ansel Adams White Branches an image I have always admired although I do admire most of his work.
Do wonder if a little tad off the top & a slighter bigger tad off the bottom helps the composition better

wow what a photo (y) i love the piece of wood halfway up on the left , looks like a bird of prey flying an inch off the ground. what did i say to you the other day :shrug: that there's only so many pics you can take of the beach in that area :annoyed: and you go and prove me wrong:annoyed::annoyed:

well done Paul :)

Love the feel to this, very sureal, the drift wood and the clouds are fanatstic, I really like this type of shot, great work.

Wow! Paul this is a stunning photo. Well done :clap:

Out of interest where was this taken, and what are the 3 stack-like structures on the far left horizon?

Cheers

Dawn :)

Very nice picture and completely agree with the others who are saying put it on a canvas. Superb.

Really like this Paul, the feel is excellent.

Many thanks for the words of encouragement all, appreciated :). Not so sure I would want it hanging on the wall though, a bit too moody! :thinking:

Although a mono image reminds me of Ansel Adams White Branches an image I have always admired although I do admire most of his work.
Do wonder if a little tad off the top & a slighter bigger tad off the bottom helps the composition better

Thanks, just did a quick Google on the White Branches image and it sold at Christies for $73,000 Yikes!:eek: Will have a play later with B&W too.

Wow! Paul this is a stunning photo. Well done :clap:

Out of interest where was this taken, and what are the 3 stack-like structures on the far left horizon?

Cheers

Thanks Dawn. It was taken from Formby beach looking down the Mersey estuary. The 3 structures are on the Wirral side.

nice one, is it HDR?

No HDR, just an overdose on the clarify slider.

Many thanks all :)(y)

I was going to ask a similar question, were filters used, or did you blend two images together in Photoshop?

Brilliant image either way...

No filters or HDR blending. I didn’t have my filters or tripod with me as was out on a family walk. The misses gets a little impatient when I start faffing about setting up a shot :D, so it’s a quick snap really. PP Wise I applied an “S” shape in curves, and ramped up the clarify slider. It’s the clarify that’s brought out the moody sky. Plus a straighten and sharpen.

Canon 50D & 24-105mm @ 24mm. F14, 1/80sec. ISO 100. (IS was on).

So many dramatic and interesting features to this image. Perfect composition and processing. Best shot I've seen for a while. (y)

I like this a lot - excellent shot(y)

B-)

Many thanks for the positive comments all (y). Just added another pic taken 5-10 mins after the first. Not so fussed on the composition of the 2nd :thinking:, but again has the great moody sky IMHO.

Thanks again :)

Hiya Paul,

Thanks for adding another photo from the day, it is a stunner too. I love the colours and the dramatic setting. It looks like the windmills are dancing in the rain :)

These two make a great set, one to be proud of, well done! :clap:

I always look forward to seeing your photos, your images are inspiring.

Cheers

I don't like the horizon where it is in picture 1. I understand that you wanted the branch thing and the sky, but for me it doesn't work.

Number 2 on the other hand is superb. I really like the colour you've got there and the wind turbines totally make the shot.

What such great light. Another fab shot that's just spot on. Bet you have so many more from that outing :notworthy:, so show lots more please! (y)

Inspiring work as ever Paul. It looks like something from a Dali painting, it's just missing a melting clock off of the drift wood.

I had to read that twice before realising you hadn't misspelled 'clock' :eek:

Two brilliant shots. Terrific stuff!

Last edited:
Impressive sky cover, excellent images.....right place right time!
Dave

Hiya Paul,

Thanks for adding another photo from the day, it is a stunner too. I love the colours and the dramatic setting. It looks like the windmills are dancing in the rain :)

These two make a great set, one to be proud of, well done! :clap:

I always look forward to seeing your photos, your images are inspiring.

Cheers

Stunning work. Really wonderful shots.

Oh shucks don’t you’ll make me blush :LOL:

I don't like the horizon where it is in picture 1. I understand that you wanted the branch thing and the sky, but for me it doesn't work.

Number 2 on the other hand is superb. I really like the colour you've got there and the wind turbines totally make the shot.

Re #1. Many thanks for the critique Barry (y). Would very much welcome you suggestions regarding composition, what would you have done / recommend? :) In hindsight I feel I should have been closer to the driftwood and lower to the ground, pushing the branches into the sky?

What such great light. Another fab shot that's just spot on. Bet you have so many more from that outing :notworthy:, so show lots more please! (y)

Ta, I have one more but don’t think its post worthy TBH. The rest are family snaps.

I had to read that twice before realising you hadn't misspelled 'clock' :eek:

Two brilliant shots. Terrific stuff!

Me too :LOL:

Impressive sky cover, excellent images.....right place right time!
Dave

Most definitely right place right time.

Great shots...was the second inspired by outdoor photography by any chance?

I do purchase the Outdoor Photo Mag, (find the web a bit boring though), so no wasn’t inspired by that. If you look at most of my pics they mostly have a strong FG subject, this was just another on the same theme. Are you referring to a particular pic in Outdoor Photo Mag / web? :)

Back