Beginner Straight out of the camera, no pp

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this image of a Turkish woman and her baby, on a small island off the Turkish coast. I've posted it 'as is' with no pp whatsoever. It's probably got lots wrong with it, but, as a beginner, I'm quite proud of it. Bit of a 'wow, moment going on for me.

yoFXd1

Ok! Gimme a minute, think I got that wrong. Will try again...old man syndrome methinks.

i just tightened the crop on it brom .a bit of a distraction with the background.im no expert btw

Attachments

• 21260174572_f799275c74_b.jpg
    21260174572_f799275c74_b.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 30
You have the exposure correct which is good, The cropped version does look better as the background is quite busy.

Nothing wrong with this photo but just a thought, you could experiment with different shooting positions. Such as a step to the left would have got the baby's whole face in. Then you could wait for the change in expression (hopefully a smile) and get some eye contact.

Keep shooting.

You have the exposure correct which is good, The cropped version does look better as the background is quite busy.

Nothing wrong with this photo but just a thought, you could experiment with different shooting positions. Such as a step to the left would have got the baby's whole face in. Then you could wait for the change in expression (hopefully a smile) and get some eye contact.

Keep shooting.
:agree: if you get the chance its always better to take a few different angles, then sort out the best when you get home.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement it's much appreciated. You wouldn't believe how many mosquito bites I got getting that shot, still, I think it was well worth it. :)

Back