Strange Brew II

Name
Mart
Edit My Images
No
New camera, Caffenol C-M, Illford Delta 100.
Spent about 3 hours on Sunday walking through the local woods. Managed to get a few shots, but spent most of my time explaining what a large format camera was. Great fun as lots of people stop and talk as it fascinates them.

6533037661_0bb5545d94_o.jpg
[/url] delta2-2 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

6533039943_346404987b_o.jpg
[/url] delta4-2 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

6533035405_74f074b96e_o.jpg
[/url] delta1-2 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

6536682543_c827cf4c3a_o.jpg
[/url] delta6-1 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

6536481219_778e53e3cb_o.jpg
[/url] delta3-1 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

The quality of these is great but I find them compositionally lacking (in general).

Number 1 doesn't do anything for me as there isn't much going on nor is there much of an object of interest in it. The cloud shadow on the foreground detracts as well i feel, leaves the photo dominated by a patch of low contrast darkness.

Number 2 is ok, but I remember the stump photo in your first set (in the other thread) being exposed brighter and being more contrasty, which I think suits the image better. I am almost inclined to say this one is a bit underexposed or underdeveloped.

Number 3 really does little for me, but then I have never been not this kind of photo.

I like number 4 and the interesting texture going on, I just feel like the composition could have extended down a little as the base or bottom end of the tree looks cut off.

Number 5 is nice in terms of tonality and overall look and feel, but again I feel it is missing something in terms of a subject or focal point.

Thanks for your comments, and I have to agree that the compositions are lacking. Its something I have to work on and get my eye in whilst composing on the ground glass, never that easy when reversed and inverted.
Cheers,

Mart

OOOOooooo the tones!!

I'm going to be one of them annoying people now...what camera did you use?

So tempted to get a LF camera it's unreal. 6x7 should be enough, I have an addictive personality I think...lol

Danny, its a step you will never get over!! If you ever make your way Oop North give me a shout and you can have a play, bear in mind I'm just learning, but if you think the negs from a 6x7 are impressive, you ned to see a 4x5. I'm dreading ever seeing a 10x8 neg!!

Mart

Danny, its a step you will never get over!! If you ever make your way Oop North give me a shout and you can have a play, bear in mind I'm just learning, but if you think the negs from a 6x7 are impressive, you ned to see a 4x5. I'm dreading ever seeing a 10x8 neg!!

Mart

I appreciate your offer, but thats the WORST thing I can do! lol. As soon as I start playing with more toys I start to want them, then I'll start to justify neeeeeding them....lol

That, and I have absolutely no clue on large format. It's safer that way! (y)

LOL, I had no idea about large format till I bought one :D
Now sold most of my MF kit to scratch the LF urge.

Mart

Do you need a darkroom, to tray develop and all that jazz? I'm home developing my 120 with no issue at the moment but don't have the space to dedicate to a darkroom of any sort.

No darkroom, in fact I started with the same kit as my 120 film is developed in. Now moved on just a bit with a Patterson 3 reel tank and a MOD photographic 4x5 holder. This lets me dev 6 sheets of 4x5 in 1Lt patterson tank.
I've done some slide film with good results this way too.
Go on, you know you want to:D

No darkroom, in fact I started with the same kit as my 120 film is developed in. Now moved on just a bit with a Patterson 3 reel tank and a MOD photographic 4x5 holder. This lets me dev 6 sheets of 4x5 in 1Lt patterson tank.
I've done some slide film with good results this way too.
Go on, you know you want to:D

Noooooooooooooooo!!! So I can pretty much already develop it?!

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! Damn you!!! lol

Back