Strange but fixed Nikon D300

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I wanted to do some continous hi speed fps today and no matter what the camera setting, the maximum number of bursts was 14 frames (sandisk extreme 1V 4 gb @45mb/s).
I guess the camera must have "locked up". Anyway did a reset via the 2 green buttons and everything went back to normal , no pauses in bursts or anything.

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this or has any thoughts as to why this happened ?

New camera latest version with around 2000 frames taken.

Realspeed

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this or has any thoughts as to why this happened ?

mine stops at 12 frames routinely , but then i do have setting d5 ( max continuous release ) set to 12 frames ..

i can only suggest that was the reason & of course a reset would put that setting to default AFAIK 99 frames ..

i'm sure it's not the memory buffer filling if youre using sandisk extreme IV ..

What are you shooting? JPEG Fine, and 12-bit NEF's should be pretty much non-stop, 14-bit NEF's might choke the buffer up though. Oh, and what daftbugga says ;)

If you have Active D-Lighting on, this reduces buffer size, as does 14-bit mode, and long exposure NR.

Thanks for your advice I will try and remember it next ime it happens.

Realspeed

Back