Strange pattern A7R iii

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this picture this morning and on processing it i noticed this really weird "Chicken Wire" pattern in the image.
There was nothing in the background to cause it and only seems to appear in dark background images.
Anyone came across this before?

Thanks_DSC0372.jpg

How about some details about the shots such as the ISO and how much the exposure has been boosted post capture, if at all?

Oh, and is it a crop or a whole picture and if it's cropped, how much?

Last edited:
Do you have a filter on the lens? If so, could be the sensor reflecting off the back of it.

More info might have helped.

Sony A7RIII
Sigma 150-600mm Canon fit with MC-11 Adapter
ISO - 3200
f7.1
1/500 sec

No Filter.

Here is the untouched original. No pattern appears in Camera Raw but the second i port to Photoshop it appears.
_DSC0372 orig.jpg

Weird, thought it was going to be the PDAF points due to bumping the exposure up in post but the original has it too. I'm assuming you're not shooting through fencing?

Weird, thought it was going to be the PDAF points due to bumping the exposure up in post but the original has it too. I'm assuming you're not shooting through fencing?

Nothing in the way. Shooting from a hide at birds 3 to 5 metres away.

Would you be willing to post the original unedited RAW to a place someone could download it and try editing it in other software?
^^ this, may be worth trying in a different software, although if the other photos are fine I’m not sure why PS would do this to one specific photo.

I tried editing the same picture in Lightroom last night and strangely the anomaly does not appear.
I will upload a couple of Raws to somewhere later for people who want a look at them.

Back