Strange

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,
Out taking some shots yesterday with the d7100 with tamron 150-600mm, took 86 shots and out of 86 one shot was totally underexposed, got back home and lifted the exposure on this shot and there was an image there but the metadata didn't register a lens profile, f stop or focal length! No changes were made on the camera it also shot in centre weighted metering but I was set on matrix.
I was thinking maybe dirty lens contacts
Any help would be greatful
Many thanks

Who knows - perhaps something has caused data corruption in the camera processor or wherever.

Take another load of shots (clean the lens contacts just in case), but unless the problem recurs I would forget it otherwise you will be chasing shadows.

If the problem does recur then take loads of shots with other lenses. The aim is to see if the 150-600 is the problem. If it happens with other lenses then the camera is suspect.

BTW ........... was the battery charge very low ?

Last edited:
I will see what happens when I go out again, battery was fully charged. Many thanks for the advice

I will see what happens when I go out again, battery was fully charged. Many thanks for the advice

Post what happens when you retry, Andy. Always interesting to see how these things pan out.

Yes, I'd be interested to know what happen next.

Also, incidentally, you might get more people reading your thread, and commenting on it, if the title was a bit more meaningful....

as nikon tell us they cannot guarantee 3rd party lens's will work on there camera's 100%

as nikon tell us they cannot guarantee 3rd party lens's will work on there camera's 100%

I don't think it's this TBH, sounds like a lose contact? Could happen with any lens.

That said, I have noticed a couple of third party lenses I have don't fit as snugly in the mount as my Canon lenses, with just a very slight detectable amount of play.

Last edited:
Who knows - perhaps something has caused data corruption in the camera processor or wherever.

Take another load of shots (clean the lens contacts just in case), but unless the problem recurs I would forget it otherwise you will be chasing shadows.

If the problem does recur then take loads of shots with other lenses. The aim is to see if the 150-600 is the problem. If it happens with other lenses then the camera is suspect.

BTW ........... was the battery charge very low ?

format your cards regularly..

Back