Strap, holster, bag?

Name
Shem
Edit My Images
No
Hi there. I am getting another camera body soon and trying to figure out which system to use to wear both bodies with 2 different lenses at the same time. I'm going through different websites and reviews right now and there is a pretty big choice of a different products. I already own a Think Tank Speed Racer V2 bag which was perfect for single camera usage and swapping lenses. Now I would like to continue using it, but I need to sort out how to wear another body. I've had enough of original Canon strap, so it's time for change. From what I've seen already, Spider Holster Pro plus a hand strap for extra security seems to be perfect choice for me. I have a bad back and I'm in constant pain (it gets better and worse but I always feel it). This system would put all the weight on my hips. I was thinking to wear it on my right side and then keep the other camera in the bag on my left. The only problem I'm seeing is swapping the lenses from the camera in the holster. I would have to pick camera from the bag to get to the lens. At this point one hand is holding camera and another lens. Now I can't figure out how to make it work well (am I missing something obvious?). Maybe I should add a cheap shoulder strap to the camera in the bag so I can take it off and leave hanging until I swap the lens from the camera in the holster? Would that work well? Or Another thought was to add this and attach it either to the bags strap, to the bag itself or to the bags or spider holsters belt. Any ideas please?

I go for the old fashion way,one camera over my shoulder & the 2nd camera in an open shoulder bag on the other shoulder :)

You can also attach the Spider Pro to the LowePro S&F belt, the cheap one looks interesting and virtually identical to my Spider Pro, it difficult to comment though unless you can see both side by side. There was a thread on here a while ago about imitations from the bay of evil.

Lowepro make a useful kind of lens exchange bag. It holds one lens done up, but opens up to have a spare compartment for another. Makes it easy to swap lenses on those awkward times when you can't put anything down anywhere. Does up with either compartment filled. A few sizes of it, but annoyingly the biggest size is not quite big enough for my biggest lenses. But still very convenient.

By the way, I once had a bad back. Everyone I consulted said the only cure was disc fusion surgery which carried a small but scary risk of making it worse. Otherwise it was just learning to live with it. And it would probably slowly get worse. Until I met a weird healer woman who told me I could cure it but it would take ten years. She did something impressive to my back which persuaded me to take her seriously. She was wrong. It took twelve years, but it worked. After a whole back X-ray a few years ago for another reason the consultant was astonished. He said if I hadn't been standing beside him he would have sworn he was looking at a wheelchair case. He'd never seen anyone with such damage able to walk, yet I was walking perfectly normally. What's more I can run, jump, dance, climb trees, shift fridges, etc., all things I was told forty years ago I'd never be able to do again without taking a chance on the surgery. I can explain her advice in about a page if you're interested.

Last edited:
Lowepro make a useful kind of lens exchange bag. It holds one lens done up, but opens up to have a spare compartment for another. Makes it easy to swap lenses on those awkward times when you can't put anything down anywhere. Does up with either compartment filled. A few sizes of it, but annoyingly the biggest size is not quite big enough for my biggest lenses. But still very convenient.

By the way, I once had a bad back. Everyone I consulted said the only cure was disc fusion surgery which carried a small but scary risk of making it worse. Otherwise it was just learning to live with it. And it would probably slowly get worse. Until I met a weird healer woman who told me I could cure it but it would take ten years. She did something impressive to my back which persuaded me to take her seriously. She was wrong. It took twelve years, but it worked. After a whole back X-ray a few years ago for another reason the consultant was astonished. He said if I hadn't been standing beside him he would have sworn he was looking at a wheelchair case. He'd never seen anyone with such damage able to walk, yet I was walking perfectly normally. What's more I can run, jump, dance, climb trees, shift fridges, etc., all things I was told forty years ago I'd never be able to do again without taking a chance on the surgery. I can explain her advice in about a page if you're interested.
Thanks for the advise. I don't think I want to buy another bag as my think tank is very good.

I would love to hear what that woman said to you!

[About curing my back injury]

I would love to hear what that woman said to you!

Apologies for late reply, I got distracted by the election :)

To recap, I was losing 2-3 months a year off work due to back problems, a slipped disc or two. I'd sought several opinions, including some expensive ones, because I didn't like what they all told me: the only cure is surgery, and it might not work. In fact it might make it worse if you're unlucky. Otherwise it's just taking great care to slow down the inevitable progress to walking stick, and then later a wheelchair. Even my chiropractor, who was very sympathetic and knowledgeable because he suffered from the same injury, agreed. Like me he wasn't going to risk the surgery.

This healer woman impressed me by standing on a chair, lifting me off the ground, and shaking me in a way that straightened me up and stopped my back hurting better and for linger than my chiropractor ever managed. So I was inclined to take her advice seriously. She said I could recover from the injury if I followed her advice, but it would take ten years. The advice was to walk as much as possible, but NEVER if I felt the slightest tired, NEVER if there was any pain, or any effort required. Wherever I was, whenever I felt tired or a pain, I was to stop at once, and to lie down, or as close to lying down as possible, until the pain and fatigue had gone. Carry as little as possible, ideally nothing, and even the lightest weight had to be evenly distributed between my shoulders.

It seemed to work. To begin with I needed two lie downs just to get round the block. Very slowly but surely the distances increased. She was wrong about the time. It took twelve years. But after twelve years I could run, jump, dance, climb trees, cycle over cobblestones, shift fridges and washing machines, carry big TVs, etc.. As my back strengthened I started avoiding lifts and escalators and going up stairs two steps at once. One day I cycled past my old long unused chiropractor. He was walking on the pavement with a stick. I was cycling over cobblestones, something he'd said I'd never be able to do again.

The two really critical things were walking as much as possible, and to stop immediately I felt tired or a pain, even if I was only 50 yards from home. Keeping on going for the last 50 yards caused more injury and set recovery back. Walking as much as possible was necessary to keep improving strength and endurance.

Back