Straw bails in the Wolds

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
Tweaked from a RAW file in Gimp, mucked about with saturation, curves and then sharpen. does it look any good ?

300_0097.jpg

did these two on the way home, not sure which one i prefer

railingsflowers.jpg

railingscrop.jpg

I think that the bales look a little soft. Also they may have benefitted from a different viewpoint. The green woods on the right are very dominating. I would have contemplated using the tracks on the left slightly more into the pic, from a lower angle and the bales dominating the shot more, just one or two. Couple that with the yellow straw and a darker blue sky and that would be a nicer shot - In my opinion.

On your other 2 shots, I think I prefer the 1st, but it doesn't really grab me.

Hope that helps.

I agree with Sara about the different viewpoint. I had a go at something similar here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=145598&highlight=straw and couldnt make up my mind which was best. Apart from the Hay vs Straw debate in the thread that followed, there is some good opinion as to how best to capture these straw bales.

Worth another visit to have another go? :shrug:

Yeah i agree i should have moved forward because the field bends around the corner giving less woods and would have given a nice curve.
It's too far to go back to have another go but there's some around where i live.
nigpd, i like yours, the straw bale isn't too much 'in yer face' and i like the green in the middle of the photo and you have a perfect sky.

The weather here atm is pretty poor again !
i need to practise Curves on the PC because i find myself shooting Raw again, i keep going between the two.

Back