Strawberry on a spoon

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd give it a go:)

IMG_4334_psw.jpg

Thanks for looking;)

Daaaamn that's a good one, maybe a little bit to blue. or may be not. But at night it's killing my eyes ;)

That is stunning! The sharpness, composition and colours are all absolutely spot on.
As a result, I've made that photo as today's "TP Photo Of The Day".

Good work, now send that off to a retail firm or fruit producer as I'm sure they will find a use for it!

Like the shot, but not the blue background its just a bit in your face, also theres a bit of an halo around the top and right of the strawberry

That's a great shot,and I think the blue works really well with the red of the strawberry.
Just wondering how many strawberries you 'dropped' and cream you spilt to get the shot.
Well done

Great shot! (y)

Not sure about the blue but could just be my work monitor playing tricks on me. :thinking:

Blue should make it pretty easy to filter out and replace the background.

All sorts of background potential can be achieved

Brilliant. Really nice job. I'm voting yes for the background - really makes the white stand out.

Just out of interest, how did you keep the spoon steady? I've never attempted something like this before - it works really well though!

Thanks for commenting folks, not sure about the blue myself now:thinking: It's a piece of blue perspex so easy to clean but it is a bit "in your face"!

Some info:

Canon 50D, 100mm f2.8 macro and 550ex. 1/200 f8 iso400 flash manual 1/16 in softbox camera left.
Held the spoon in a clamp, filled with milk and dropped strawberry from about 6".

(y)

Really like the blue background, yes you can change it but it looks great as it is, did you have to do any editing to acheive this?

Good contraste between the strawberry and the babkground, not to blue for my eyes and very vibrant. (y)

Love the shot ,the blue background works for me, as you look at and wonder if any other colour would stand like it and i can not think of any.

Hmm maybe the blue is ok after all:thinking:

@steve.fdr : A bit of cloning/healing to remove really OOF splashes, then just the norm levels etc.

It works for me, awesome work. Would also love to see a photo of the set up if you have one available.

Great shot but why would you have a strawberry with the stalk falling on a spoon with milk?

Destalk the strawberry and pour some cream over it and it'd look more appetising. :)

Wow love the colours, nice picture....oh I love the blue ;-)

1 question (Im still learning okay) - How do you get the exact second or so, so that it takes the picture right when the strawberry lands on the spoon? I take it the strawberry was dropped onto the spoon? How do you capture the splash is what i mean, is it just practice?

Wow this is the biggest interest in one of my images on TP! Big thank you to all you folks:)

I haven't got a set up shot, but have tried to describe it in post #13. If a get a chance I'll try to shoot one tomorrow.

@Toasty - Why 'cos I'm into catching high speed stuff;) I'll give your idea a whirl though:)

@ blade 922 - Just guess work mate. It gets easier with practise :LOL:

Cheers again all(y)

Last edited:
I like it a lot. Great Capture. Keep up the good work. (y)
How many attempts and how many wasted pints of milk ??

Back