Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
great movement :)

I don't think the leaf detracts at all. Really nicely composed :)

wouldn't have noticed the leaf unless you had said something. nice shot, it looks like you were mid stream, knee deep in the water.

did you do any with more of the tree, looks like it would be interesting but i don't know the location and if that is possible, (without really swimming)

wouldn't have noticed the leaf unless you had said something. nice shot, it looks like you were mid stream, knee deep in the water.

did you do any with more of the tree, looks like it would be interesting but i don't know the location and if that is possible, (without really swimming)

Thanks Alison, (y) I wasn't quite in the water, but rather standing on a very slippery Stone, and got low down to the waters edge, tripod in the stream, LOL, unfortunately it was raining and I didnt get any more shots of the tree

I should have cloned the leaf below the rock on the right hand side

Cloned as in you want more leaves, or painted it out so it wasn'nt there?

I personally don't have an issue with the leaf, though am not sure it would benefit from more leaves.

Things I like... the water is just right for me, and I like the way it lead in and away under the bridge. Things I don't like... the very dark faces on the rocks. I also find the picture is lacking something, but I couldn't tell you what. It might well be the light, but it's just not quite got that 'special' something.

Hope that sounds fair. :)

:clap: its a cracker great sense of movement.

Thanks Lindsay pleased you like it (y)

Cloned as in you want more leaves, or painted it out so it wasn'nt there?

I personally don't have an issue with the leaf, though am not sure it would benefit from more leaves.

Things I like... the water is just right for me, and I like the way it lead in and away under the bridge. Things I don't like... the very dark faces on the rocks. I also find the picture is lacking something, but I couldn't tell you what. It might well be the light, but it's just not quite got that 'special' something.

Hope that sounds fair. :)

LOL Lee yeah typos I meant to say clone out, I did try to lighten the rocks I will give it another go, it was quite dark under the canopy of trees and the wrong side of the bridge for the light on it so the only sunlight is on the left banking, I would have shot the other side of the bridge but we both no water running away from you is not the best choice of subject thanks for your input (y)

Good shot :clap:

Never noticed the leaf untill you mentioned it.

But keep the location quiet or everybody will want to go.

Thanks Mike (y)

Think its a bit late to keep the location quite, Ive posted shots of this bridge lots of times in all different seasons and weather conditions over the last few years, LOL

Great image!

great movement :)

I don't think the leaf detracts at all. Really nicely composed :)

:shake: leaf old chap, there are hundreds of them all there...and a brown one..
i also dont think the leaf detracts

its the old creamy water shot with bridge and sylvan surroundings
just what i would have done...tripod and wellies in the boot next week as i tour middle scotland and the east coast...holy island/lindy here i come(y)

I also like the movement, the diagonal composition of the water flow works perfectly.
Did you use a ND filter?

Back