Anyone for cheese?

8590412180_38f670458d_c.jpg

A taste of Honey

8590461868_9482ef446e_c.jpg

Vin Chaud

8590487590_a6f6b969fc_c.jpg

and more cheese

8590505192_466f4879aa_c.jpg

There are some good shots but I wonder if they would better if they were a bit tighter.

In the last one loosing the front of the van on the right and in the first one the white area behind the sign for "Beaufort".

I like the honey shot works because its tight without too any distractions.

Last edited:
It was my first outing in such a public place and I felt a little uncomfortable, one trader asked me for 5 Euro's as I was photographing his stall. Does it get easier?

Nice - love the colours! It does get easier, which market were you at? Some can be quite intimidating here in France if you're not extremely local! :)

Nice - love the colours! It does get easier, which market were you at? Some can be quite intimidating here in France if you're not extremely local! :)

I was in Lanslellivard Val Cenis. I was supposed to be on a skiing holiday but the lure of my new aquisition (d7000 and 16-85mm lens) got the better of me.

I was in Lanslellivard Val Cenis. I was supposed to be on a skiing holiday but the lure of my new aquisition (d7000 and 16-85mm lens) got the better of me.

Ah! They're probably very used to tourists taking pictures and never buying their stuff :)

I'm in Pays Gex and the people are much more friendly and welcoming at the local markets - the skiing is cheaper too! :)

Hang in there, work on your confidence and your composition will improve as you allow more time. Don't be afraid to get up close with them, the French expect a warm welcome even from strangers (can be as simple as saying a friendly Bonjour to the whole stall when you stop walking, just as you would in a small shop). The French are also very reserved people I've found, so anything which puts them at ease from the lens helps. (y)

Back