Street Monk

Name
daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Today was the first time in a long time I've been out to photograph strangers, and as a bit of an introvert, asking strangers if I can take their photo doesn't come easy to me. I asked two people if I could take their portrait, and one obliged. I'm a little underwhelmed with the photo's I took, I felt rushed by my own anxieties to take the photo and get out of there. Critique is welcome.

Thank you for looking.

Very nice street style capture Daniel, works for me very well.

"Let's see some more"

Very nice street style capture Daniel, works for me very well.

"Let's see some more"
Thank you, I hope the post processing is ok, I really need to get a decent monitor so I can be confident the photo is what I want it to be.

This is very good Daniel. You've caught his character well.
Critique wise you may want to crop a little off the RHS.
Also, if you have the latest iteration of Lightroom you could select subject and increase the exposure on his face/head a little.

Last edited:
This is very good Daniel. You've caught his character well.
Critique wise you may want to crop a little off the RHS.
Also, if you have the latest iteration of Lightroom you could select subject and increase the exposure on his face/head a little.
Interesting, The critique I had in a Facebook group was that there was no sense of his character. I'm not complaining, everyone's critique is welcome, I guess people perceive photos in different ways.

I agree, the face is a little underexposed. As for the crop, I quite like that older building with the blue canopies to the right, it looks a little less modern than the Lloyds bank sign. In fact, I've been tempted to remove the Lloyds bank sign.

Thank you.

Back