Street photography camera suggestions

I [think] I'm looking for a camera for street photography with the following criteria:

. Mustn't be a Fuji -- had three X100Vs in a row, all of them had faults under warranty so don't trust them any more.
. If at all possible, it really should have a viewfinder as to use a screen requires I put reading glasses on -- highly inconvenient.
. If it's not a zoom it should be 28mm equivalent (not 35mm like the X100V)
. Price -- Between £500 and £1000 but nearer £500 if possible.
. Sensor size -- doesn't really matter very much but not ridiculously small otherwise I might as well use my phone, I am quite happy with APS-C or MFT not keen on going any smaller.
. Should fit in a normal-sized pocket. For example the X100V was just too big to be useful.
. Must shoot RAW

As an example of things I've looked at: The Ricoh GRiii looked the part but doesn't have a viewfinder.
Hi Can you tell me if those faults related to cards being corrupted please?

, the focusing on the 20mm f1.7 Panasonic lens is a little on the sluggish side but really not a problem
Maybe try messing about with zone focusing (is it 40mm equivalent on a MTF camera? Maybe harder with that focal length). Generally hard to take good street pictures if you have to wait for the camera to focus.

Last edited:
Hi Can you tell me if those faults related to cards being corrupted please?

No, two times it was a sticking EVF curtain in the viewfinder and once was that the screen went light blue and the camera did nothing (complete failure).

Having tried the Panasonic GX7 I found it din't work for me so I opted to re-purchase a camera I had back in 2017 (not the same one).

View attachment 407392
First shots with it, went for a motorcycle ride over Dartmoor, the light was nice "God Beams" everywhere. It's very handy not to have to remove the crash helmet to get framing and focus.

001 Pork Hill Viewing Point 01-8130 PS Adj upload.JPG

002 Kings Tor God Beams 01-8131 PS Adj upload.JPG

No, two times it was a sticking EVF curtain in the viewfinder and once was that the screen went light blue and the camera did nothing (complete failure).
Ah ok. Mine is going back, I think, as the single card thing bit me on the first. trip out. The dealer is being very good about it so far. I will say who it is when it is done and dusted. I really liked it too. Hey ho.

Back