Street photography challenge in canterbury tomorrow

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Im heading into Canterbury tomorrow to have a go at street photography. Ive not done too much before and I was going to go with a friend however they have to work so im going solo.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks.

As for equipment im taking the 5dmk2, without my grip and the 35mm f2 and 85 f1.8 although I think that the 35mm will be the winner.

Be respectful and courteous towards any subjects. You can't be entirely inconspicuous with a DSLR, but at the same time there's no need to be the camera wielding centre of attention. Possibly pre focus to roughly the distance your subjects will be, so your AF can react as quickly as possible for you to snap. If you have a quiet mode on your camera, utilise it.

Maybe try having a dozen coffees at a table sat on the street, and 'sneakily' use live view to get some shots?
I'd have been up for meeting up and trying this too if had more notice as live nr there! Have you seen the flickr east kent photographers group? They meet up in kent every month.

Maybe try having a dozen coffees at a table sat on the street, and 'sneakily' use live view to get some shots?
I'd have been up for meeting up and trying this too if had more notice as live nr there! Have you seen the flickr east kent photographers group? They meet up in kent every month.

Wow, if I had a dozen coffees my hand would be shaking all over place :cool:

Back