Street photography round the Northern Quarter in Manchester

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Well went out to test out my newly bought nifty fifty and challenge myself just to use that and found it quite hard not being able to just zoom in and don't think I've done to bad myself :D

Oh i know the last one isn't hasn't got an people in it but couldn't be doing with opening another thread just for it even though i do love it! :p

Please let me know your thoughts!

6961256024_4479b4374b_c.jpg

6961172154_55bdfc93e8_c.jpg

7107261127_0220224531_c.jpg

3, 4 & 5 are excellent but would be tempted to try and boost the contrast on #5 just to add a tad more 'grit' to the image.

3 & 4 work best as street images as you have captured their personalities without them noticing you - perfect.

Very nice set, love the processing and nice and sharp, like no.4 best. Always find street photography hard I think you have done very well indeed.

Can I ask what processing has been done on these? I really like the look.

Thanks for the feedback guys! One thing i noticed using the nifty fifty is it seems to over expose the images and found myself setting the exposure comp to -1 in the end. Any of you lot used the nifty fifty and found that?

I actually like them all. Number 1 especially works. I'd put the girl smoking in the abandoned alley in B&W though, but apart from that, they're great!

I've recently got into street photography myself with a 50mm equivalent. It's great fun with no zoom!

RobRob said:
I actually like them all. Number 1 especially works. I'd put the girl smoking in the abandoned alley in B&W though, but apart from that, they're great!

I've recently got into street photography myself with a 50mm equivalent. It's great fun with no zoom!

Yeah it much more challenging forcing you to get closer to your subject and also think about and judge the distance between you and the subject think I will keep at it with the 50mm to hone my skills and get me a but more disciplined.

Great shots Simon - glad to see the nifty being put to good use!

Back