Street Photography

Edit My Images
No
These are my first pics posted for CNC since signing up. These shots were taken in and around San Francisco last month whilst I was there visiting a relative. It was my first real attempt at some street photography so I stuck mainly to performers who I guessed would expect to be photographed.

1. Street Dancer

3781197765_02be71415b.jpg

2. Tram Worker

3782217952_d86a5672a6.jpg

3. Street Musician

3781414495_df5e7a1372.jpg

4. Street Musicians

3790557524_a37acf637b.jpg

5. Street Musicians

3790559080_6284d7677a.jpg

Nice expressions and composition - I like 4 the most.

The one criticism I have is that the B&W conversions look a bit flat - think they could all be improved by lighter skin tones and a bit more contrast..

Nice set - good dof and so on. #1 is excellent. (y) I'm a fan of B&W but I'm wondering whether they all needed the conversion?

These are fantastic, actually!!

I love the contrast in the first photo - it's perfect. Sharp and that white is simply amazing. Same goes for the second photo, really.

The rest would benefit from a bit more contrast, though.

Composition wise, 4th is my pick.

Cheers for the comments. I take your point sidxms, I just had some issues shooting wider. I did get a full body shot of the guy in the first pic but it didn't really work for me. He was a tap dancer, dancing on top of a manhole cover, and every ten second or so he'd jump down on the manhole cover with his arms out. But when I got the full body shot it just appeared as if he was standing there with his arms and legs in an odd position - I couldn't really imply the motion of dancing.

Last edited:
Cheers for the comments. I take your point sidxms, I just had some issues shooting wider. I did get a full body shot of the guy in the first pic but it didn't really work for me. He was a tap dancer, dancing on top of a manhole cover, and every ten second or so he'd jump down on the manhole cover with his arms out. But when I got the full body shot it just appeared as if he was standing there with his arms and legs in an odd position - I could really imply the motion of dancing.

Ah I see what you mean. I think 1/20 to 1/10 second usualy would give a nice motion blur with the crowd static as a background.

Back