Street Photography

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Short Notice and for that I make no apologies.
I'll be in London on Saturday doing some happy-snaps starting around Covent Garden at 10.30hrs.
Anyone who can make it is welcome. I'll stand somewhere obvious for five or ten minutes rather than ask people to confirm on here.
I may not be dressed as obviously as this though:

CplRobKnightRLC_Sm.jpg

Waiting in the sleety Danish Rain for a Spanish Helicopter to take us back out to sea. Fun Job I got eh! Not that day it wasn't...

Tinky winky, dipsy, la-laa and po!

That's what you call high visibility. I guess it's in case you fall off the boat/helicopter so they can see you in the ocean?

Total immersion suit donated by the Danish Armed Forces and the same spec as used by North Sea Oil Workers - I had all my kit on under that thing and it still felt baggy. They rate it at 15 hours in air temps of -5 or something like that. Compared to three minutes without. The shock of hitting water that cold numbs the brain and muscles so much that even if you're still concious, you can't tread water: internal organs also try to draw blood away from the extremities to protect themselves, meaning further loss of function.

Sounds nasty. Makes me shiver thinking about it.

If I'm not working that day, I might jump on a train down to london.

Actually, bearing in mind my post above I may not in case I get a slap :LOL:

Trust me you cannot possibly imagine the p1$$ taking that photo has generated here at work... Note the handbag of the passenger to my left...

robbagbeach_sm.jpg

This was the result of showing the officers on the Team how to use Photoshop for their Home Snaps... Never again...

LOL...excellent. Won't even start on "Quick fit fitter" ;)

Haha perhaps we should have a weekly "photoshop this" competition? :LOL:

On a side note, I'll be up for Saturday

I'm working on Saturday :sulk: so won't be there. I think you should wear the suit - at least people will be able to find you easily. I'm not saying they'd want to be seen with you, but you'd be easy to spot... :LOL:

Love the photoshop jobbie

Arkady said:
Short Notice and for that I make no apologies.
I'll be in London on Saturday doing some happy-snaps starting around Covent Garden at 10.30hrs.
Anyone who can make it is welcome. I'll stand somewhere obvious for five or ten minutes rather than ask people to confirm on here.

Well Rob I think I spotted you yesterday at Covent Garden having a reccy as to where to stand!

060424_DSCF0036statue.jpg

060424_DSCF0032statue-surpr.jpg

Wish I could join you on Saturday, but having done a day trip to London yesterday, and I'm going for a day trip (business meeting) to Milton Keynes on Friday I can't take more than 16 hours on the train in a week - Have fun though

Sorry mate, couldn't resist it

teletubbies.jpg

But they're looking for their lost sheep :D
I was gonna edit it, but then realised I can't, you can't allow edits :razz: to HM :D

So bad we're good, right? :LOL:

Hope all who attend on Saturday have a chuffing grand day out.
Look forward to seeing the pics.

Arkady - I was planning to have a day photographing around W1 anyway on Saturday, so if the offer's still valid, this would be perfect. I can do 10:30 in Covent Garden no probs. Gonna PM you too, just so you check this.

OK, beer at lunchtime in the Walkabout as well, methinks...

Bachs said:
You forgot the handbag...

tubby.jpg

Hahahahah - I've saved this and it's going on the noticeboard next to the one of me! heheheheh:LOL:

RAF don't drink, they sip tea and crochet mittens and scarves...
2 Sqn RAF Regiment excepted...some of the time...

:LOL:
Great bit of kit if you've got the nads to use it.

How is it that the only fit bird in all those photos was the Japanese photographer - strange people...

OK there's a Mission for us - get a good photo of a (good-looking/fit/hottie - delete as applicable) Japanese female tourist without her laughing with embarassment and showing all her teeth. Standard zooms only and you have to ask permission beforehand.

Arkady said:
How is it that the only fit bird in all those photos was the Japanese photographer - strange people...

OK there's a Mission for us - get a good photo of a (good-looking/fit/hottie - delete as applicable) Japanese female tourist without her laughing with embarassment and showing all her teeth. Standard zooms only and you have to ask permission beforehand.

Not saying that you're sexist or anything.... ;) :p :coat:

Just comfortable with myself - I like pretty girls - I'm not going to hide in a corner and deny it just to avoid offending the small majority who decry any statements that might possibly single individuals out for special consideration.
As Syndrome says in The Incredibles: "...and once everyone's Special, No-one will be..."

I'm afraid something has come up and I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow :(

Maybe another time. Have fun anyway and I look forward to seeing the results!

petemc said:
LOL - have to agree;) Not admitting anything though.

Great capture Fingerz(y)

Back