Strike Eagles at RAF Valley

Edit My Images
Yes
Fancy trading the Hawk for one of those?

Great set and thanks for sharing. :)

Maybe lift the shadows a little in pp.

Ho,ho,ho , but I actually asked what not who brought them , ie the purpose of their visit.

Stunning set, was listening to them all calling up on "London Mil" and diverting as we was stuck fog bound waiting at Fairford

WOW - only thing I've ever seen like that was when standing at a similar distance from a SR-71 taking off from Farnborough many moons a go.
It left a deep and lasting impression.
Wonderful captures !

good set considering the conditions thanks for posting.

ps. if you get yourself a decent sized lens you wont have to stand so close :LOL:

regards
Mike.

WOW - only thing I've ever seen like that was when standing at a similar distance from a SR-71 taking off from Farnborough many moons a go.
It left a deep and lasting impression.
Wonderful captures !

15 feet from an SR71 in full reheat? That must have been something!

good set considering the conditions thanks for posting.

ps. if you get yourself a decent sized lens you wont have to stand so close :LOL:

regards
Mike.
1,2+3 are shot with the 70-200mm! After that it was a case of putting the 17-55mm on and getting a little braver with each departing ac.

I'm quite happy with the shots, as are the Eagle crews who've requested copies.

Regards,

Cheesy

15 feet from an SR71 in full reheat? That must have been something!
15ft - Whoa!!! :runaway:
No I wasn't that close - I figured you were probably using a longer lens.
That must have been insane !

Farnborough was back in the days when an RAE pass would get you unrestricted acces to the air-show - they put a stop to that even while I worked there - that was a L-O-N-G time ago when I was fresh out of college.

Farnborough was back in the days when an RAE pass would get you unrestricted acces to the air-show - they put a stop to that even while I worked there - that was a L-O-N-G time ago when I was fresh out of college.
@DuncanDisorderly A certain Mr Right would of been the pilot then Duncan?

Only time I've seen something like this was through the sunroof of the car at the end of the runway at RAF Odiham when a tornado (I think) did a vertical climb with me looking straight up it's pipes. Awesome sight even though I was a lot further away which is just as well as I didn't want to be fried.
Bottom line is I'm very jealous of these shots and the chances you get for some great images you have posted here in the past.

Back