Strobist in St Albans 20th Aug 2011

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Big thanks to Sebastian for arranging the Strobist meet on Saturday. I had a great time, and met some wonderful guys and girls. Here are some of the best shots that I've PP.

C&C Welcome

Steve

First off was Nefy

Portrait - Nefy - St Albans - 110820 - Steven Gray - IMG_7995w by stevipedia, on Flickr

Portrait - Nefy - St Albans - 110820 - Steven Gray - IMG_7984w by stevipedia, on Flickr

Portrait - Nefy - St Albans - 110820 - Steven Gray - IMG_7975w by stevipedia, on Flickr

Portrait - Nefy - St Albans - 110820 - Steven Gray - IMG_7972w by stevipedia, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the way you have Nefy posed in #1 and #3, as the shots show her figure off nicely. #2 does nothing for me I'm afraid, and the inverted hand in #4 looks a little odd to me.

I don't understand what is going on with the lighting. In shot #1 her face is lit and the wall above her head seems to have caught a good splash of light, but towards the bottom of the frame there is very little lighting at all. With #3 the flash seems to be hitting the upper left of the frame very strongly, causing the wall to blow a little, but there doesn't seem to be much illumination on the model. #4 looks similar.

With the shots of Lea there is a sort of fairytale feel to the images, which I do like. But like Lester's shots in the same location the exposure seems way down and maybe the WB is a little off. I tried a +1 exposure adjustment in Lightroom and tweaked the WB a little. There's still a fair bit of shadow clipping remaining though.

20110822_102018_000.jpg

Maybe it's my monitor that's off. :thinking: (But I think the histogram and clipping warnings say otherwise ;))

Cool thanks for the feedback Tim, I'll have a proper read of you comments later on and rework the photos again taking on board your advice.

kind regards

Steve

Back