Name
Jed
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening all. I have been working as a freelance photographer for 4 years now. Right up until last year I was busy with work. I had so much work I was having to turn people away!

From mid 2019 till now I have had ZERO enquiries and am struggling to get call backs or replies from my efforts when reaching out for work.

Im wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? OR do you have any suggestions as to how and where I can market my services. I am really struggling!

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. My website will be linked below so you can check out some of my work to better help advise.

Many thanks,

Jed Hassell

instagram - Jed Hassell
twitter - flatwhitelondon
website - flatwhitelondon. com

Hi

This is purely a general business observation:-
In sales (that is what you are doing afteral ~ selling yourself & your services ;) ) there is greater chance of getting more business from previous/current customers compared to finding and developing any new ones.

So, have you been able to analyse what has changed in both you & your sales methods and/or the customers demands on you???

As I said above I am not specifically refering to a photography business!

Good evening, please dont take this the wrong way but for a start your website isn't linked (above) and when I type www.(your website name) I don't get directed there, tbh it was an effort to get to your page, so I doubt that's helping, especially as you are pushing your self as tech/internet savvy and going to help people get their brand noticed.
I have no idea why Starbucks is loading in front of you (SEO?) but I don't think it's helping you at all.
I hope you take this constructively as when I did get to your website it looked good.

FWIW

Your website looks clean and easy to navigate but the one thing that stood out to me was the perception it creates to any new business visitor:-
The Services talks of "we" ~ inferring that you are are company with many(?) people who will deliver the services.................but the contact page says "Contact Me" and even your About Page says "I".

So why are you 'talking' about yourself as an individual and then in the third person on the Services Page. I fear that that mixed message would have an adverse impact on some business decision makers looking for the sort of services you are offering???

IMO one thing that has not changed in sales & selling is the "you" , "we" & "I" (that is You the customer need/want X, We [customer & I together] can develop what is needed, I will deliver it! (NB there is always much to be said for under promising and then over delivering...........................well it used to work for me in B2B selling when I was still working ;) )

I have read your services page, and still have no idea what it is you do ?

Contact page, very few people imho will simply fill in a form, no address, no phone number, its about customer confidence.

You say you are a photographer, videographer, social media marketing expert yet your website has no backlinks to any of your own social channels ? sorry, all looks a bit unprofessional.

Social media expert being followed by 2 people. Lol.

What steps have you done since placing a similar message last April?

I know very little about social media but what @andrewc says above stands out like a sore thumb.........as in if a 'company' is selling themselves as having an expertise in "social media" then surely their own 'company' should show clearly findable evidence of their own success!..........and/or at the very least proof that their customers have had a publicly viewable social media improvement since the date of your completing that original (& subsequent?) contract???

Hi , I am also doing photography in freelancing. Someone suggested a freelancer.com website to me to get more work. but there also so much competition. I am also in the same boat as you Jed

I have no idea why Starbucks is loading in front of you (SEO?) but I don't think it's helping you at all.

The company name is Flat White London. He has named his company after a popular style of coffee and the capital city of the UK.

You are not a professional photographer, at least not according to your website. According to your website, you are a company that helps other companies and individuals improve their social media engagement and presence.

Viewing your website on a mobile device :

Your logo is too small

Your home page doesn’t tell me anything about what you do.

I have no idea who or what “Country” is, if I click on it I’m taken to a page of images with no explanation of what they are for. All of the image groups are the same. If you helped these companies in some way then you need a paragraph of text explaining that.

Where are the testimonials from these companies?

Where is your address and phone number? Why isn’t is on every. single. page. ?? Busy people make phone calls.

If I get in touch and ask for proof you can do what you say, can you provide graphs and charts on increased followers, on increased engagement etc?

On the plus side. Your photos look like they’d do well on social media.

I know very little about social media but what @andrewc says above stands out like a sore thumb.........as in if a 'company' is selling themselves as having an expertise in "social media" then surely their own 'company' should show clearly findable evidence of their own success!..........and/or at the very least proof that their customers have had a publicly viewable social media improvement since the date of your completing that original (& subsequent?) contract???

He has plenty of followers on Instagram.
He is following 4 people on twitter, and is being followed by 2 people.

Businesses who may not know much about Social Media are likely to know of Facebook and/or Twitter - even if its because Donald Trump tweets so its in the news often.. If they're on Instagram they're probably already aware of the others and have chosen which they want to use.

Last April you were sending out 50-100 email approaches per week to potential customers

"Oh yes. I am used to sending out 50-100 emails per week.. Perhaps i should send more! haha. As i said in a previous response. I am up against people shooting for free. which makes things more difficult." and also saying that you got plenty of responses, asking for further details. "Yes, Most often I get responses. Usually asking for prices etc."

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/the-value-of-photography.695352

and now you are getting zero replies, so whatever you were doing between April 2019 and now is a backwards step.

the problem today in photography , is that there is so much competition, and people will under cut , to get jobs , an example is when I tried to go professional and get paid , I went for one job at £400 and was undercut , by someone charging £250 for video and photos. and this was an established company. this was a few years ago , and now I expect it to be worst. I no longer do photography professionally

Back