Strumpshaw Steam Rally (Watch out 56k'ers)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I went off to Norfolk for the weekend to visit Strumpshaw Steam Museum for their 2007 Steam Rally.
Despite the weather, it was a great day out - and lovely to see so many old engines fired up and put through their paces once again.

For me, steam engines are amazing machines which look, sound, and smell fantastic. They can be tricky to photograph though, especially on an overcast day, because they're usually quite dark! Probably not technically amazing photos that I took, but I thought I'd share some of them with you all.

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

5. Look! It's me! Driving!
IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

All pretty good shots, but watch your exposure a few are on the dark side

The guy in the third shot to th right looks like he is going to have rage fit. But thats the shot that works best imo, maybe a littke tweaking?

I like the second shot the best. The low-ish viewpoint and wideangle lens give the image a bit more impact than some of the others.

A bit of work to lighten the foreground without losing the atmospheric smoke in the sky would improve it a fair bit too, IMHO.

Thanks for the comments all. I've not really had time to properly play around with these, I pretty much just let Lightroom do its thing - but I think my monitors at home need calibrating, which doesn't help when the exposure was very difficult to manage anyway.

Back