weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2020 - Week 51 - Decor(ate)

Great shot. Works really well for both the theme and technique. I saw this pop up on my flickr stream and clicked through to look at before I noticed it was part of the 52! (y)

Thanks for the behind the scenes.
What do you use to clamp your reflector to the light stand?

Great shot. Works really well for both the theme and technique. I saw this pop up on my flickr stream and clicked through to look at before I noticed it was part of the 52! (y)

Thanks for the behind the scenes.
What do you use to clamp your reflector to the light stand?

It's a purpose built reflector holder, got mine from eBay but remember it being nearer £20
177D203F-9A91-44A5-9AB9-4F819A282DCD.png177D203F-9A91-44A5-9AB9-4F819A282DCD.png

Nice shot. Interesting to see how people set these up as I don't do anything indoors... so far!

Music
I really like that. Really simple, but show's all it needs too.
I like a good behind the scenes shot as well.
If there was an instrument I was going to learn, then it would be one of these.

That's an interesting set of shells Stuart.

Great low key shot of the scissors Stuart. Excellent detail and composition.
Nice shot for music. Very well and creatively lit image.
Interesting and colourful image of shells. One thing - the three marks on the top right could do with a little clone brush.

Great low key shot of the scissors Stuart. Excellent detail and composition.
Nice shot for music. Very well and creatively lit image.
Interesting and colourful image of shells. One thing - the three marks on the top right could do with a little clone brush.

Thanks, I had assumed the dots were on my iPad screen, I didn't think to move it about, a rushed editing job!!

Oh, i see, you've back lit it using an ipad. Inventive :)
I was going to say the lighting was very nicely balanced and even, but I guess you can use the ipad to remove any shadows.
Possibly I didn't explain the iPad part, I was editing the image on the iPad, and haven't noticed the dots on the image. The shells are on a white vinyl sheet (the non reflective side) and I'm using a ring flash on my camera. There has been some post processing the image to improve the colour representation. Here's the BTS, the jar with the shells is on the right just about out of the image.
EADF7D95-0813-4DEB-AB9C-1A87C8DEB03C.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh right :)
I thought you meant you were placing the shells on the ipad to provide back lighting (I've seen someone do it to give a background scene in the past).
In which case - very good job controlling the light and eliminating shadows :)

Very nice pic. Is the Shell on it's own significant or just a random layout? Thanks for the behind the scenes too.

Love the texture you've managed to capture from the shells. Stand out so beautifully on the white back drop. So effective :)

Yep that works - clever idea :)

Old is a nice shot, I like the multiple exposure and it adds to the shot overall :)

Good fun image with the pincers Stuart

That's a super liquid abstract. Tell us what and how!

Great stuff - don't know how you did it but certainly a liquid theme.

Back