Stuck for shoot backdrop

Name
Sheradon D
Edit My Images
No
Hey All, I am planning a test with a circus/big top theme but am stuck with the backdrop side of things.

I don't want to go for the usual single colour colourama as its not very original plus the set I was going to build a set sends my budget right out the window.

Any ideas will be appreciated

PN

Seems like you could go with a pretty inexpensive setup if you chose a wide-stripe (as in tent) back drop with a couple of either wood cases or old suitcases, some artfully distributed Hay and a stool. If you can toss in a clown wig, a whip, megaphone or some other circus type props, it would add atmosphere.

Or were you thinking of something larger?

No, that helps. I think the sourcing the material will be my focus, once thats sorted the rest should be down hill.

The theme is a fashion shoot based around circus/clown elements y'know bold colours, big hair & make-up- not literally a circus shoot- my fault I should have explained that clearer.

My 1st idea was to get thick red velvet-esque curtains to use, & have the spotlight on the subject (kind of like the ringmaster would have) but that sort of fabric is either highly sought after or loathed & no-one stocks it

Have you thought about joining your local Freecycle.com group? It costs absolutely NOTHING to join and absolutely nothing to ask for things you may need or donate. Lots of peeps ask for things or donate things. It saves items going on landfills - one man's trash is another man's treasure ......

But YOU will be expected to arrange pick up of items if some person are able to oblige you for props etc. You may even state that you would like to borrow items with promise to return them!

HTH

Hels

Back