studio burgled

LensFettish said:
Hi Janine

Sorry to hear that - let's hope the police swiftly catch them and recover your gear.

We'd like to offer you a free lens hire to help you out - if there's any you would like, please drop me an email to andrew@lensfettish.com

If you would like to see our selection, please take a look at our website www.lensfettish.com

Thanks

Andrew

Wow

What an amazing gesture.

Hi Janine
So,sorry to hear your news. I will alert my son and his mother-in-law who live in the Biggleswade area and are both heavily into photography. Every bit helps.

wow that is a great offer x i have an engagement shot this Sunday that would be fab x i will be in touch x

Hi Janine

Sorry to hear that - let's hope the police swiftly catch them and recover your gear.

We'd like to offer you a free lens hire to help you out - if there's any you would like, please drop me an email to andrew@lensfettish.com

If you would like to see our selection, please take a look at our website www.lensfettish.com

Thanks

Andrew

Could someone have been watching you, seems a bit unusual that the one day you don't take it home is the day you get burgled

Did you mention to anyone you'd left it there , sounds obvious but most crimes are opportunist

This sounds planned

Aww you must be gutted. i've plastered the serial numbers all over my fb and twitter. I really hope you get your stuff back. *******s

Could someone have been watching you, seems a bit unusual that the one day you don't take it home is the day you get burgled

Did you mention to anyone you'd left it there , sounds obvious but most crimes are opportunist

This sounds planned

Have to adgree,had the same thing happen to me,they attemped to burgled my home,i am very rarely away at night,the 1st night i was away in mths,it was like they had been watching the place.

Lucky for me my extra secuarity i have in place stopped them,they got pass my front door,but no futher.

thank you i'm really hoping they slip up and i find something on gumtree/ebay! a safe is being fitted this week and a fire locked door for home office!

Diversion is an excellent tactic and it can sometimes be more effective to have a cheaper, easier to break into/steal safe in full display with a very small amount of cash and trivial items inside with the real safe being hidden. The theory being, of course, that they think they've got the jackpot and leave without searching further.

Or you can just scare the ****** out of them

didn't tell anyone! finished work in the studio 4ish and went straight home! i really hope it was just really bad timing if i think about it too much i might ever leave my house!

This sounds planned

received a lens today thank you so much i will return it safe and sound on Monday thank you so much x you have been such a great help x

Hi Janine

Thanks

Andrew

Go and visit your local second hand gadget stores and also local photography retailers. You would be surprised how much they purchase from joe blogs off the street. I have returned many stolen camera equipment to its rightful owner over the last 12 months. Call your local community officer and pass all serial numbers to them direct so they can have direct access to these stores. It's quicker and easier for the nasty people to sell it this way rather than through online companies.

Always look close to you, freinds of freind.Visitor or people doing work on the building.
You have to know is there to want to take it in the first place.
Bet it will be related to someone you know or a model talking about your gear.
Will be keeping an eye.
try to Phone Forddes in inverness they get new gear everyday .

On another note for those that may not Be aware. All prisoners when they are brought into custody get scanned for a product called smartwater. This is mandatory in my force. You dab a little on your equipment which is invisible to the naked eye. You then register with your batch with the company. The liquid contains a DNA sequence which is unique to you. All property is scanned at our station to check for this product in the hope of returning it to its owner. Cash converters should use the same technique prior to accepting a product for sale (it safe guards them). If you sell on a product you just let the company know the new owner. There are individual home packs and even more larger spray products for businesses. The website is http://www.smartwater.com/home if you want to know more. Check with your local force first an ask to speak to the local crime prevention officer. He/She may have some for free. I need to mention I am not associated with smartwater at all in anyway and there may be similar products out there (just safeguarding my back).

The numbers you have supplied for the serial on your 16-35 are just product codes...

The next numbers after (21) in this number is the serial 1910b005(92)aa(21) 023056XX ie the numbers in red.

Good luck

Back