Studio Floor Paint

It never flaked in 2 years - It was painted on top of hardboard/chip board with plastered seems.

Cleaning is the issue - we often had shoots with shoes.

Also - new blue jeans. Put 4/5 people who have been wearing shoes all day (sweaty feet) so the floor gets dampish - new levi's - mess. Studs in jeans left silver marks.

Unless it was really bad it made little impact to photos but didn't looks as nice as a freshly painted floor.

If the issue is primarily cleaning... would the superior finish on a floor grade paint solve that? (assuming you can get it in the right colour) or would the glossier/satin protective finish ruin the shots?

I think the only brilliant white floor paint I've found so far is one from wickes

9YEGDTZ.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't specifically need to be floor paint. I think the stuff we used was kitchen/bathroom aimed.

I don't think it would matter - we considered using gloss at one point! but didn't take the risk!

The problem with paint is that in the whole the more matt the finish the easier it marks.

If you want really really hard wearing search google for scrubtough. It is 20 times tougher than diamond matt and you can even wipe shoe scuffs off it. Similar prive to diamond matt and has similar light sheen.

I've got a white infinity cove and I use this durable/scrubbable emulsion paint
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Durable-Matt-Emulsion-Paint-Brilliant-White-5L/p/213918

I do a lot of furniture photography and get lots of black scuffs from the feet dragging and walking on it.

I use a mop and one of those green scourers with lots of tesco cream cleaner. It stands up well.

Now and a gain I have to give it a quick new coat and it dries in a couple of hours which is very handy.

Last edited:
Back