Studio Help

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
Complete newbie here with studio lighting, so I'd like some help with a studio set-up we have at work.

We have a Canon 600D and a Nikon D750 in the office for product photography etc. In our studio we have 4x Bowers Gemini GM750PROs and a Pulsar radio trigger hot-shoe attachment and the card that goes into the back of the light to sync it with the other lights and the camera.

Basically, I'm having trouble getting all four of the lights to sync together and shoot at the same time. I have re-synced the light with the radio trigger card in and the camera numerous times, but only the unit with the card in actually fires.

Like I said, I'm completely new to studio photography so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guessing, but could be the other three heads need the optical slaves switched on. The usual method in a studio is to have one head linked by radio, then the others fire off that via their slave sensors.

What Richard said. But, even if the slave cells ARE switched on, there is still the possibility that the cells aren't seeing the flash fired by the main flash, especially if the lights are fitted with softboxes that block or partially block the light, preventing it from reaching the sensors.
If you can't get it to work reliably, your best option would be to get a new radio trigger system, with a receiver plugged into each flash. There are many available, e.g. Yongnuo, and they're as cheap as chips.

Back