Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
Yes
studio.jpg

any opinions? thanks!

studio.jpg

any opinions? thanks!

I like the contrast and fall-out towards the left hand of the image. however, there appears to be some 'green' on the temple. Is the actually on the subject, or is this something from within the image?

What gear are you running? Would have preferred to have caught the light in the eyes more, than on the whites of the eyes.

But - I do like it. Good effort :)

Congrats on dipping your toe into this area of photography :)

I'm no expert but here's my 0.02p worth. The area on the bridge of the nose and below the model's left eye are blown out and the exposed part of the face as a whole looks to bright to me. I can see from the exif that this was shot at f/22 and 1/60th, with the ISO set at 400. Since you used a 50mm to shoot this if you try it again with the aperture somewhere between f/4-f/8 this should give you excellent sharpness and also allow you to increase the shutter speed to reduce any risk of blur being caused by movement of either yourself or the model. You should also be able to drop the ISO too.

Thanks for sharing (y)

HTH :)

thanks!! Its sooo complicated :bonk: Yeah now you mention it he does look like he been battered on his temple :LOL: thanks for your advice guys! I'll have another go next week and hopefully have an improvement or two made ;) as for equipment I can tell you the camera was canon 40D, lens 50mm 1.8 but the lighting I have no idea sorry :bonk: other than I used a softbox.

Back